× Members

Waiting For How Your Disability Affects You Form

More
7 years 11 months ago #158617 by misslawbore
I am an indefinite DLA award holder. I am inter alia phonophobic so the only way I can contact DWP/Atos is via the post. I am very isolated socially and there is no one capable I can ask to phone on my behalf. I have told DWP in the initial form that I am phonophobic. I've made the initial claim and had confirmation by text that this was received. Since then, over a period of two weeks I have had two texts, the first saying DWP is sending me a How Your Disability Affects You Form and two weeks later (today) another text saying they have sent it. I have not received it yet. I reply to the texts telling them I have not received the form, and could they let me know the date it is to be returned and that I have asked for more time in the initial claim form and a letter. It feels like they don't read my texts, as the replies are standard form. I suffer from depression and anxiety and my levels of anxiety are really high, wondering what the date for return is, will I miss it and they will stop my DLA payments. Any advice on how to proceed will be welcome

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #158639 by slugsta
Hi Janice and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

I am sorry that you are going through this :(

As you are waiting for the 'How your disability affects you' form I am assuming that you managed to initiate your PIP claim, either by phone or in writing?

The texts you are getting are probably automated, I would be surprised if there is an actual person at the other end!

In your situation it might be better to email ATOS with your questions and comments

www.atoshealthcare.com/pip/pip_contact_search

There is usually 4 weeks given to return the assessment form but this does include postage in each direction. An extra 2 weeks is usually given on request. You could ask this in your email.

I have only had need to contact ATOS by email once recently but the reply was both prompt and helpful. Hopefully it will be the same for you.

Don't forget to make full use of our PIP guide when the form arrives

PIP help for claimants

You might want to bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future. That will allow you to return with further questions/comments without having to start a new topic each time. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in once place - and I hope you will find it useful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: misslawbore

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.