× Members

Mandatory Assessment mess up.

More
7 years 11 months ago #158150 by the seeker
Mandatory Assessment mess up. was created by the seeker
I am in the process of going through a MA. I wrote to the DWP for a SOR 8 days ago and have not got a reply, the request was sent by registered post. My original letter stated from DWP stated that I have 28 days to respond to their decision, this is now fast approaching, what should I do, send in the evidence and mention their non response or wait a bit longer?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #158152 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic Mandatory Assessment mess up.
Hello Seeker

In the absence of a reply from DWP, I would telephone them tomorrow and explain the situation, and ask for an extension of time since you haven't yet received the form. You should get a two week entension Ask for the name of the person you speak with and make a note of it. Follow this phone call up with a letter saying you have not received the form, and you have asked for an extension from the person you spoke with. Hopefully that should get you a response. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: the seeker

More
7 years 11 months ago #158156 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Mandatory Assessment mess up.
Seeker

From your other posts, the reason that you were found Fit for Work was a failure to attend an assessment, I know you had your reasons, in these circumstances I think it very unlikely that the DWP will provide a Statement of Reasons on the basis that you already understand why your claim has been terminated.

If you are waiting for this before you submit your MR request, then you should not do so, although an MR can be requested outside of the normal one month, reasons for it's late submission must be supplied and if not accepted by the DWP then the claimant has no further options to challenge the Decision.

A SoR does not have to be produced if the DWP has a reasonable belief that the information it would contain has already been supplied to the claimant, albeit in another form.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: the seeker

More
7 years 11 months ago #158745 by the seeker
Replied by the seeker on topic Mandatory Assessment mess up.
I am posting this as the follow on to my above post in hope that someone can help me in what to do next.

I wrote to DWP requesting a SoR, nothing else just this. They replied, with the reasons, 3 of which are wrong. They have taken it upon themselves to also treat this request for the case to be looked at again. The conclusion reached is the same, they won’t overturn the decision. I now have to appeal at a tribunal.

I did not ask for the case to be revised, I was going to do that on receipt of the SoR. I have evidence to prove them wrong which I did not send because it wasn’t a request to review the case.

What should I do now?

There is also a confusing section in the DWP letter stating if I have a Dr’s letter then I should send it to the medical assessment centre ASAP, Is there any point as they closed my claim so to speak?

Thanks for your attention.

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #158754 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Mandatory Assessment mess up.
Hi ts,

I have merged your query with the previous topic dealing with this situation. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one place. You will find it easily in future if you bookmark/favourite it on your web browser now. Another option is to click on your username (in blue) when you are signed into the forum and it will bring up a list of all your previous posts :)

It is not unusual for the DWP to jump the gun when it comes to Mandatory Reconsiderations, they often have this completed before the claimant has had time to send in additional information. It looks as if they have done a similar thing here.,

You can try contacting DWP again and tell them that you did not request an MR but wish to do so now that you have seen the SoR. If you wish to do this over the phone you will be better speaking to a manager as the call centre operator is unlikely to have any authority here. This would entail a 'call back' so we usually recommend making your call early in the day.

I don't think you have anything to lose by sending in your GP's letter, or a copy thereof.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by slugsta.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.