× Members

PIP

More
7 years 11 months ago #159200 by higgins
PIP was created by higgins
Once again I would like to thank you for the resources available on this website. I recently recieved an enhanced in both daily care and mobility award for five years.

I know that I would have found this very difficult without your help.

Though I am happy and relieved I have an award, I was a bit concerned that one of the descriptors in my award letter was inaacurate. It says I can't walk more than 20 metres.
My previou award (also enhanced had said between 20-50)
It is true that when I have been somewhere I cannot walk that far after exhertion and probably can only do a few steps at a time at my worst, and to go to a town or shopping I would need a wheelchair, but gernerally speaking I am able at the start of doing something of walking more than 20 metres-though I may need to stop- but it is really only if I have to do something prolonged or after going for a meal for example, after the activity of eating and chatting, even though I would have walked ok (for me) to the restaurant from my car in car park, afterwards I would have difficulty doing that distance.

My concern is even though I cannot do it repeatedly, I often can do it once so should I contact them (DWP) as I have images of being splashed across the Daily Mail with a heading of 'Claims can't walk 20 metres but walked 30 metres!". It does say in guidelines about repeatedly (which I can't do) but I am panicking slightly as to what I should do. I'm worried if I contact them they will start the whole process again and gosh knows what would be the result but I'm worried that descriptor in the award letter mostly would apply to me after exhertion or if I had to repeatedly walk that distance.

My apologies if I sound a bit silly worrying over nothing but it is making me feel a bit stressed as I want to make sure my award is based on accurate information. Thanks for reading.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #159214 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic PIP
Hello higgins

It makes something of a change, someone questioning why they HAVE received a good award!!!

I doubt very much that you have misled anyone, and I'm sure no one is going to point you out as a 'fibber' or anything else. You have to be able to perform a function safely, reliably AND repeatedly - and you obviously can't do this. No good being able to do 'it' once then having to spend the next day or two recovering.

Perhaps your best 'bet' would be to let other members of the forum give you their opinions as well - I'm almost certain they would reassure you of your entitlement to your award.

Please don't panic!! :) :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: higgins

More
7 years 11 months ago #159218 by sally-jane
Replied by sally-jane on topic PIP
Do not panic, obviously some one has a heart.xx
The following user(s) said Thank You: higgins

More
7 years 11 months ago #159254 by higgins
Replied by higgins on topic PIP
Thanks for reply.
I can't do it safely or repeatedly as I deteriate a lot if out so that is probably why they awarded it.
I think I probably read too much of the daily snail! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon, slugsta

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.