× Members

pension/benefits

More
7 years 11 months ago #160872 by fawndog
pension/benefits was created by fawndog
Hello wonder if you could help me with a question I am considering taking my private pension early due to ill health and just wondering if this would cause problems with the benefits I get at the moment I get esa and dla and waiting for a assessment in a couple of months time just a bit confused really.
thank you peter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #160887 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic pension/benefits

peter wrote: Hello wonder if you could help me with a question I am considering taking my private pension early due to ill health and just wondering if this would cause problems with the benefits I get at the moment I get esa and dla and waiting for a assessment in a couple of months time just a bit confused really.
thank you peter

We cannot give detailed financial advice on the forum, you should get face to face advice from a trained advisor before you make any decisions on what to do.

Your DLA is not affected by any income or savings that you might have.

Your ESA may be affected but it will depend on what type of ESA you are receiving.

For Income Related ESA and pension income will be deducted £ for £ and any lump sum will count as capital, see

Asset rule for ESA(IR)

For Contribution Based ESA there is no effect from any lump sum you might take but any weekly pension income in excess of £85 will result in a deduction from your ESA(CB) at the rate of 50p for every pound over the £85.

Even if your ESA will not be affected by your pension you must inform the DWP that you are receiving it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: fawndog

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris