× Members

PIP FORM

More
7 years 10 months ago #161106 by pippers
PIP FORM was created by pippers
Hi,

I am in the process of filling out my PIP Form, due to my back problems I am finding it very painful to sit on an upright chair to fill it in, can I use my laptop and type and then print off the answers on A4 paper and attach them, or do they only except it to be hand written only ?

thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #161108 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP FORM

pippers wrote: Hi,

I am in the process of filling out my PIP Form, due to my back problems I am finding it very painful to sit on an upright chair to fill it in, can I use my laptop and type and then print off the answers on A4 paper and attach them, or do they only except it to be hand written only ?

thank you.

This should be no problem, just make sure that the pages are firmly attached to the form, that you have clearly identified on the form where your answers are and on the pages, what you are responding to. That each attached page has your full name and National Insurance Number and that each page is numbered so that it is easy to see if anything is missing.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 10 months ago #161109 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP FORM
Hi Pippers,

That is exactly what I did, for a similar reason! You might also want to explain that you did this, otherwise there could be an assumption that you sat up to use the computer.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 10 months ago #161481 by pippers
Replied by pippers on topic PIP FORM
Hi thank you both for your help.

I have one last question, I have a letter that I am undecided on whether I should send with my PIP claim form, the letter is one written by my GP and was originally for my ESA appeal back in 2013, the information about my conditions/symptoms in the letter I feel will help, the only problem is, there is one paragraph in it which was the dispute of my ESA appeal saying:

My GP writes: With regard to the following statement:

MRS 'pippers' describes being unable to walk, using her crutches, as much as 50 metres before having to stop because of severe pain and discomfort.
I would agree that the statement is a credible and consistent description of her clinical situation etc etc

On my PIP claim I have ticked Less than 20 metres.

I have also stated 'As my medical conditons and resulting limitations have not changed/improved since my last assessment for ESA in 2013, I have not been able to better cope with, or adapt to said limitations since that time.

Do you think by sending the letter with this wording in it, hinder my PIP claim ?

This is my condition that went Misdiagnosed for 15yrs whilst under the NHS consultant, until I paid to see a private Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon who diagnosed with an MRI, I had Significant degenerative Intervertebral prolapsed discs L3-4 L4-5 causing quite a marked spinal stenosis.

Surgery: Decompression, discectomy and instrument fusion L3 to L5. The surgeons predicted outcome FBS, Spinal stenosis, permanent nerve root damage, persistent chronic back pain, numbness, pins and needles in legs and feet.

Please Help!!!!!

More
7 years 10 months ago #161504 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP FORM
pippers

I'm afraid you need to make the decision about the letter!

I think that those assessing you may pay attention to the GP's comments about your walking distance, however, this may be offset by how old it is and changes that may have occurred in the interim, however, those very changes may also devalue the report in the first place.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.