× Members

pip renewal

More
7 years 10 months ago #161386 by sunflower38
pip renewal was created by sunflower38
my pip will run out in august 2016. it was only for 9 mths, due to my mobility, total knee replacement and depression , ive just had a reassessment on my depression and its on a score of 21-27 severely depressed and severe anxiety, im currently on a waiting list for CBT, one to one counselling, i still have some issues with my knee , i did a pip self assessment on this forum and it came up with 13 points,
I am waiting to renew my pip , can anyone tell me when im liable to receive this or will i have to apply again .... i have a copy of the full assessment from mental health and treatment planned , so i am assuming i can claim pip under these grounds

i am also in the ESA support group, at that time i was awarded 30 points due to my mental state at the time, i was wondering when this will be assess as this was first done in 2014 to be re assess in 2016 , just concerned as it will be all at once and i cant cope with too much all at once i would appreciate if someone can guide me in this matter please
thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #161387 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic pip renewal
Hi Sunflower,

DWP are usually starting the PIP reassessment process a full year before the claim is due to end. As your award was only for 9 months anyway this is clearly not possible! It would be worth contacting DWP about this as you do not want your claim to end before you have had the opportunity to renew.

As far as the process of reassessment is concerned, you should treat it exactly the same as the original claim. Complete the PIP2 form in detail and submit all your supporting documents.

Unlike PIP, ESA is an indefinite award that will continue in payment until a new decision has been made. However, again, the only way to know when reassessment might happen is to contact DWP and ask for the 'prognosis'.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sunflower38

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.