× Members

DLA to PIP

More
7 years 10 months ago #161440 by homec67
DLA to PIP was created by homec67
I have a question: I recently had a home visit from an ATOS HCP, he decided part way through the assessment that, given how comprehensive my written statement and medical evidence was ('we only need about 10% of what you have submitted'), he was ending the assessment and that it would be done via a 'PBR', a paper based review. He cautioned that if a further attempt was made to book a home visit I should call and tell them what he said and that it would be 'OK'.

Well it has been, I did and it was not OK. It would seem he has been overruled and they are requiring another home visit 'to complete the assessment'. They have booked the appointment and that's that.

I'm mystified as to what else they want to know that they don't already. I have let my M.P. know what has happened, should I complain to ATOS? Is it worth it?

I'm upset and angry that having been told one thing by their HCP on a home visit I now have to go through it again.

I contend that they have enough information to do a PBR with maybe a phone call for clarification which is what I was told. If he was wrong to have said and done what he did in terms of their protocols, surely that is an internal matter for them, it doesn't change the fact that he is actually right in terms of substance.

What are the criteria for a PBR?

Any help anyone can give would be much appreciated. I am exhausted by all of this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #161452 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA to PIP
homec67

I have moved your post to it's own topic. Please don't add your questions to other members topics, it not fair on the original poster and can lead to the wrong advice being given or taken.

The problem is did the original assessor have the authority to switch you to a Paper Based Review? Even if they were a doctor and your post does not comment on this, they may still not have been able to do this, certainly those responsible for managing the assessment process did not agree and have required a new face to face to be done.

You can make a complaint but it would be separate from your assessment and is unlikely to be answered in time for you to avoid the new appointment.

There are no specific criteria for a PBR, the Assessment Provider needs to be satisfied that they can make a reasonable recommendation to the DWP on how you are limited, whether they can do this or not will depend on the information in and with you PIP2 and the underlying conditions that cause your limitations.

Your best bet for resolving the matter is for your MP to intervene.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Gordon.

More
7 years 10 months ago #161465 by homec67
Replied by homec67 on topic DLA to PIP
Hi Gordon

Thanks for the response. Apologies for not following protocol, I have been more than a little agitated today. I will more mindful in future.

I have made my MP aware of the situation. Perhaps they will be more successful than I have been in trying to find out what is going on. It all seems rather arbitrary and opaque to me.

I haven't got the energy to complain to ATOS and it probably be a waste of time anyway.

I appreciate that the HCP needs to feel that they have enough information upon which to proceed. If they feel another home visit is necessary then that is how it will have to be.

It does not bode well though. I had little confidence in the integrity of the process being able to deliver an appropriate outcome beforehand and now have even less. I will post updates as and when it is appropriate if that would help others?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.