× Members

PIP mandatory reconsideration

More
7 years 10 months ago #161464 by @Shiremoorpotter
PIP mandatory reconsideration was created by @Shiremoorpotter
Hi,

I've recently been reassessed and received my decision letter on Monday. I was previously assessed as eligible for standard rate mobility only, (10 points, 20m to 50m).

The DM has changed this to no eligibility to 4 points, 50m to 200m and appears to have ignored the supporting evidence I'd attached and detailed. But has awarded eligibility for standard rate daily living activities with 9 points.

My query is:

Can I request a MR for mobility only? Or am I risking the eligibility for standard rate daily living in the MR?

Just to add, I do have, what I consider very strong supporting evidence from my GP, that states that "mobility is severely affected by my health conditions and also states that he can't comment on distances due to the fluctuating nature of my primary diagnosis of MS"

Any help and advice would be warmly welcome

Craig

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #161486 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP mandatory reconsideration
Hi and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

If you ask for a Mandatory Reconsideration, the whole of your claim will be reviewed (even if you say you want them to look at mobility only).

You might want to have a look at our PIP self-assessment and score yourself harshly to get some idea of how safe your care award might be - but it is certainly not fool-proof!

A first step might be to request a copy of the assessor's report from DWP - and keep your fingers crossed that it arrives in good time for you to submit a MR request. Waiting for the report should be considered good cause for a late request but it is always better not to risk it if you don't have to!

Our PIP guide explains the criteria against which you are being assessed and also the MR and appeal process

ESA claims and appeals

You might want to bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future. This will allow you to return with further questions/comments about your PIP without having to start a new topic each time. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one place - and I hope you will find it useful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 10 months ago #161559 by @Shiremoorpotter
Replied by @Shiremoorpotter on topic PIP mandatory reconsideration
Many thanks for that.

I requested the HP consultation report in good time and have been told that it was posted yesterday, Tuesday 21st.

As I'm sure maybe common, in the DM's rationale, the reason given for non award of points in multiple areas was that I communicated well with the HP throughout the consultation; totally ignoring the submitted supporting evidence.

Fortunately I have a report from my GP that strongly reiterates the submitted evidence, ready to attach to the MR.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.