× Members

CARERS ALLOWANCE FOR SELF EMPLOYED

More
7 years 10 months ago #161473 by clair
CARERS ALLOWANCE FOR SELF EMPLOYED was created by clair
I have claimed for carer's allowance and am being asked to submit full tax records, as opposed to tax returns and summaries provided by my accountant. The issue is , I will be charged a lot of money by accountant to basically rewrite the information. My income from the firm is less than £2000 and I really can't justify the expenditure.
Does anyone know if there is a way around this? The people I have spoken to at Carers allowance unit don't care about the additional costs, just want to tick a box.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #161496 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic CARERS ALLOWANCE FOR SELF EMPLOYED

clair wrote: I have claimed for carer's allowance and am being asked to submit full tax records, as opposed to tax returns and summaries provided by my accountant. The issue is , I will be charged a lot of money by accountant to basically rewrite the information. My income from the firm is less than £2000 and I really can't justify the expenditure.
Does anyone know if there is a way around this? The people I have spoken to at Carers allowance unit don't care about the additional costs, just want to tick a box.

I'm afraid they can!

Your income can affect whether CA can be paid in any particular week and the rules as to what counts as income and in particular what are allowable deductions are different from what you can use for tax purposes.

I would have thought your accountant would have had to produce the information required in order to submit your Tax Return.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.