× Members

Citizens Advice on PIP

More
7 years 10 months ago #161516 by Nelone1
Citizens Advice on PIP was created by Nelone1
Hi

I have recently won my tribunal with regards to my ESA claim, from zero to WRAG. I only had enough fight in me for one tribunal at a time.

So now I'm ready to go for PIP again. I could have asked for a late reconsideration, but as I have now been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia as well as sleep apnea and degenerative disc disease. I'm thinking its best to just start a fresh, as the Fibro will not be taken into account at the tribunal. I was awarded only 4 points so am I right in thinking it would beneficial to start again ?
Also would it be helpful to ask citizens advice to help with the wording of my new claim ?

I did use a lot of advice and guidance from this site for my ESA victory, so thanks guys and keep up the good work

Dan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #161519 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Citizens Advice on PIP

Nelone1 wrote: Hi

I have recently won my tribunal with regards to my ESA claim, from zero to WRAG. I only had enough fight in me for one tribunal at a time.

So now I'm ready to go for PIP again. I could have asked for a late reconsideration, but as I have now been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia as well as sleep apnea and degenerative disc disease. I'm thinking its best to just start a fresh, as the Fibro will not be taken into account at the tribunal. I was awarded only 4 points so am I right in thinking it would beneficial to start again ?
Also would it be helpful to ask citizens advice to help with the wording of my new claim ?

I did use a lot of advice and guidance from this site for my ESA victory, so thanks guys and keep up the good work

Dan

Fibromyalgia is not a condition that appears overnight, but you will need to show that you were suffering from it's effects at the time of the Decision on your PIP claim for it to be considered as part of any appeal, starting a new claim would remove this issue.

It's up to you whether you want to use the CAB or not, we always say that having access top a trained advisor can only enhance your chances, but you may struggle to get access to someone with this level of training at the CAB. The bottom line is that it's your claim and only you benefit or suffer from how it is handled, so whether it is the CAB or our guides or someone else that you receive advice from, take ownership of your claim and make sure that you are happy with everything that is being done for it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nelone1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.