× Members

pip assesment report,.

More
7 years 10 months ago #161574 by alison
Replied by alison on topic pip assesment report,.
having not being a full member before filling in my pip claim form ,ive since looked up on the guide and it says that to keep a copy of your claim form is always a good idea ,, ,unfortunately i didnt know this at the time and now am worrying as my memory is awfull .. ,i know i put down my difficulties and reasons with examples, etc in answering the questions ( descriptors ) ,,but if it comes to a appeal do they question on you what you stated in your claim form only ,,or do they just ask question without expecting you to answer excactly what you wrote in your form . as the majority of the time when having to engage in speaking to anyone i lose track of what i was actualy saying and lose complete train of thought;;; and get so anxious and panicky and when this happens ive actualy run off regardless where or who ime with i think the term they use in mental health is ,,flight -fright ,.!! as with having agrophobia also ime thinking maybe my best option would be for a paper appeal ,as not sure ide even be able to get to the place ,,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #161588 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic pip assesment report,.
Hi Alison,

Any appeal panel would have read your form in advance. One the day they would want to ask you questions about your care and mobility needs.

It is up to you whether you got for an oral or paper hearing. On average, oral hearings are 4 times more likely to be successful then paper hearings. However, if you are hoping to score points on the 'going out' or 'social interaction' descriptors, you should think about how you would explain your ability to get to a hearing in person.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 10 months ago #161600 by alison
thankyou mrs hurtlback, :)
this is what i as worrying about as with my agrophobia i cant actualy go out even with support or assistance as i run risk to myself and others as before now ive actualy run onto a main road in the stage of fright flight i cant use public transport of any sort and the only time i do go out is to the doctors which isnt very often as i avoid that but my parents come with me and take me in the car , so taking what you have mentioned ime thinking maybe a paper appeal would be better in my circumstance ,, thanks for you reply i wished idej oined here a lot sooner as the help and support you all give is fantastic,.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

More
7 years 10 months ago #161631 by alison
hi michelle ,yes you are right there isnt enough support for mental health patients ,, your put on waiting lists and left to get on with it ,, doctor hand you out antidepressant like there smarties till eventualy you have to either be suisidal or toaly break down before you see anyone from mental health ,, following a horrendess rship i was in 4 yrs ago. and having a shotgun held to my head for 14 hrs ,,i went to the doctors and broke down become terrified of my own shadow ,avnt been out since apart from doc appoint which i avoid if i can ,,it was only last nov i was referd to mental health was on a waiting list to be seen ,aparantly until you have tried at least 4 different anti depressant you are not classed as needing mental health ,, anyway i had 6 weeks with them and she then referre me to psycotherapist ,, which the assesment was in end novemeber ,, was told then dont be disheartend but there is a long waiting list ,, and here i am now 7 mths later still not heard a thing ,.,it so wrong that so many people suffer and are left to get on with it ,, it no wonder they become more isolated as they have noone to turn to ,,it all wrong,. i realy feel for you too michelle,.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Suzy3

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.