× Members

ESA Review - Deferrment & State Retirement Age

More
7 years 10 months ago #161892 by Tree Frog
Appreciating the reluctance of the DWP to keep us updated on this issue, can any of the Forum shed light on what is the latest concerning the 2-year deferment on ESA Reviews? Is the 2-year deferment still currently being applied to ESA Reviews due?

Also, I seem to recall seeing some years ago on an ESA 50 that if you were within a few years of State Retirement age then an ESA Review wasn't required? Can anyone set me straight on this i.e. clarify whether that is true and how close to State Retirement age is the period concerned?

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #161908 by Gordon

Tree Frog wrote: Appreciating the reluctance of the DWP to keep us updated on this issue, can any of the Forum shed light on what is the latest concerning the 2-year deferment on ESA Reviews? Is the 2-year deferment still currently being applied to ESA Reviews due?

Also, I seem to recall seeing some years ago on an ESA 50 that if you were within a few years of State Retirement age then an ESA Review wasn't required? Can anyone set me straight on this i.e. clarify whether that is true and how close to State Retirement age is the period concerned?

Thank you

The deferments were stopped early last year.

I afraid there is no defined process that prevents claimants from being reassessed as they approach SRA, we have seen several members report receiving a new ESA50 with only months to go before they retire.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tree Frog

More
7 years 10 months ago #161939 by Tree Frog
Replied by Tree Frog on topic ESA Review - Deferrment & State Retirement Age
Thank you for your reply Gordon.

Even though deferments have stopped, won't that backlog of a year or so of deferred reassessments cause at least a 12 month knock on delay to all those ESA Reassessment dates since i.e.those up and coming?

More
7 years 10 months ago #161958 by Gordon

Tree Frog wrote: Thank you for your reply Gordon.

Even though deferments have stopped, won't that backlog of a year or so of deferred reassessments cause at least a 12 month knock on delay to all those ESA Reassessment dates since i.e.those up and coming?

As far as we can see reassessments are being started on time, if there is still delay in the system then it will be in the time it takes for Maximus to assess a claimant.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tree Frog

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.