× Members

Pip medical tomorrow

More
7 years 10 months ago #161886 by Thosabine
Pip medical tomorrow was created by Thosabine
I filled in my 'how your disability affects you form" and Today I received a text asking me to call regarding my medical with atos. These are the same people that two years ago said I was fit for work. I had been claiming dla for 15 years at the higher rate and had also been awarded incapacity benefit and a blue badge. They upheld their decision after mandatory reconsideration but before it went to tribunal I received a call to apologise and was told it should never have happened and I was awarded my old benefit back indefinitely. I'm very concerned about attending another medical after what happened before, I did enclose all this information and evidence that I'd been awarded it indefinitely plus medical evidence from my gp saying my illness is progressive and I have a severe deformity and could not work, I also still receive esa ,yet I've been asked to attend another medical. I can't believe that they don't have enough evidence, I have been on these benefits for 15 years. Can they go against medical evidence from doctors? Again I'm sick with worry as I have no faith in atos at all. Any feedback or help would be gratefully accepted. Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #161904 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip medical tomorrow
Thosabine

I am afraid the decision on whether an assessment is required or not lies wholly with ATOS and although there are areas of overlap between ESA and PIP, even where there are the criteria can actually be quite different, I'm afraid an award of one does not imply an award of the other.

Can they go against medical evidence from a Doctor? It really depends on the nature of the evidence, most medical evidence concentrates on the patient's conditions, PIP looks at the limitations that result from those conditions, sometimes it's obvious what those effects are, but often it is not or it needs some form of quantisation.

Have you involved your GP? A letter from them directly addressing the PIP activities may help. If nothing else it may allow a home assessment if they can explain why you cannot attend at ATOS's offices.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thosabine, tammy

More
7 years 9 months ago #162008 by Thosabine
Replied by Thosabine on topic Pip medical tomorrow
After nearly 20 years of claiming DLA (I was awarded higher rate care and mobility indefinitely) I now have my PIP medical tomorrow with atos. I'm vey sceptical and also concerned as I have attended a medical with atos once before about 2 years ago when incapacity benefit changed to ESA. They said I was fit for work even though I had been receiving the benefit for over 18 years and I had medical evidence from go stating I could not work etc. They stopped my benefit, but just before it went to tribunal I received an apology and they re instated my benefit with back pay and put me in support group. Can anyone give me any insights or help for tomorrow, is it worth taking confirmation of my other benefits or my blue badge? I did send a letter from gp who stated that my illness is progressive and my deformity so bad that I can hardly walk and in her opinion could not work... But I am still having to attend another medical. Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Kind regards

More
7 years 9 months ago #162012 by Thosabine
Replied by Thosabine on topic Pip medical tomorrow
How different are the criteria of ESA and pip? I was put in support group by atos for ESA but I'm still having to attend a medical for PIP tomorrow. You'd think they could just look at my records? Knowing they have deemed me disabled enough to go in the support group for ESA you'd think they could save me the pain and discomfort of having to travel an hour to another medical.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #162014 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Pip medical tomorrow
Hi,

I have merged your query with the previous topic relating to your PIP. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one place - and I hope you will find it useful too.

Our PIP guide explains what to expect at the face2face appointment.

PIP help for claimants

There is no point in taking details of other awards with you, the criteria are very different from those of PIP.

Please reply to this message if you have further questions or comments about your PIP and we will do our best to help. You will find it easily in future if you bookmark/favourite it on your web browser now :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 9 months ago #162015 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip medical tomorrow

Thosabine wrote: How different are the criteria of ESA and pip? I was put in support group by atos for ESA but I'm still having to attend a medical for PIP tomorrow. You'd think they could just look at my records? Knowing they have deemed me disabled enough to go in the support group for ESA you'd think they could save me the pain and discomfort of having to travel an hour to another medical.

As I explained to you yesterday, even where the criteria for ESA and PIP overlap, the criteria against which you are assessed can actually be very different and having and award for one benefit does not mean that you will meet the criteria for the other.

There are also criteria that are unique to each benefit, for example ESA looks at the risk to you of working where PIP takes no account of this, PIP on the other hand considers your ability to prepare and cook a meal where ESA has no interest in this.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.