× Members

ESA

More
7 years 9 months ago #162609 by Sue Wilson
ESA was created by Sue Wilson
Hi I have been in formed today that after a face to face assessment for ESA I will not be getting my contributions paid because I am fit for work. I have not received ESA for eighteen months and because of a big decline in my health they reassessed me. I haven't worked for 14 years and can't hardly leave the house or even move because of acute arthritis, chronic fatigue syndrome to name just two of my illnesses. Is there any point doing a mandatory appeal? I get standard rate PIP which is currently at tribunal stage.
This constant battle is wearing me and my family down and causing a great deal of stress.
Any advice please?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #162630 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA

Sue Wilson wrote: Hi I have been in formed today that after a face to face assessment for ESA I will not be getting my contributions paid because I am fit for work. I have not received ESA for eighteen months and because of a big decline in my health they reassessed me. I haven't worked for 14 years and can't hardly leave the house or even move because of acute arthritis, chronic fatigue syndrome to name just two of my illnesses. Is there any point doing a mandatory appeal? I get standard rate PIP which is currently at tribunal stage.
This constant battle is wearing me and my family down and causing a great deal of stress.
Any advice please?

I'm assuming that you have checked your eligibility for Income Related ESA, the DWP do sometimes fail to do this?

Whether you should appeal or not is really up to you, but there are two issues you need to consider.

First, you have been receiving NI Credits that count towards a full State Pension, although your retirement may still be some time away losing these Credits may have an impact on your retirement.

Secondly, having been found Fit for Work, if you try and make a new claim for ESA at any time in the future then you may struggle to have your claim accepted unless you can show a completely new condition or a significant deterioration in your current conditions.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sue Wilson

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.