× Members

PIP assessment appointments cancelled.

More
7 years 10 months ago #163026 by gentleorange
PIP assessment appointments cancelled. was created by gentleorange
The first PIP assessment appointment for my son was last Friday in Oxford. We got there and were informed the assessor was ill and we'd have to leave. But first the receptionist called the 0300 number and I had to choose from two appointments on the spot. I chose Milton Keynes Monday 3pm (which is where we should be right now!) We arrived an hour early, went to reception and again were told the assessor was ill, go home and make a new appointment. They have our home number and my mobile but no-one called. I even phoned 0300 at 12pm to make sure it was still going ahead. My son has missed two days at the programme for autistic adults he attends. I fought so hard to get him a place, we're negotiating for the next academic year right now and the absences will not look good, whatever the reason.

Is there anything I can do, or do we just keep traipsing across whichever county they send us to, in case there may actually be an assessor at one of them? I'm so annoyed!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #163040 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP assessment appointments cancelled.
T

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

I would certainly make a complaint to Capita.

www.capita-pip.co.uk/contact-us.aspx

Please be aware that you do not need to accept any appointment where you have not received 7 days notice in writing, although this does include postage time.

You might want to have a look at our PIP Claim guide, the PIP2 is at best a précis of the criteria against which your son is being assessed.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

If you have more questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gentleorange

More
7 years 9 months ago #164203 by gentleorange
Replied by gentleorange on topic PIP assessment appointments cancelled.
Hi, thank you for your reply. We got another appointment through but it fell through in the same way... It's Atos who are dealing with the claim, should I use the general 'contact us' form on their website?

More
7 years 9 months ago #164219 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP assessment appointments cancelled.

gentleorange wrote: Hi, thank you for your reply. We got another appointment through but it fell through in the same way... It's Atos who are dealing with the claim, should I use the general 'contact us' form on their website?

Here's a direct link

www.atoshealthcare.com/pip/after_your_Consultation

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris