× Members

PIP Mandatory Reconsideration

More
7 years 9 months ago #163520 by Martin68
PIP Mandatory Reconsideration was created by Martin68
Hi, I have just received an award of the standard rate for both components of PIP which has been reduced from the DLA that I was previously getting. In the process of having to make a decision on whether to ask for a mandatory reconsideration. Both components have been awarded for an ongoing period. What exactly does this mean? Thanks in advance for any help. Much appreciated.

Martin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163521 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Mandatory Reconsideration
M

Welcome to the forum.

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

I've moved your post to it's own topic. Please don't post in other members topics, it's not fair on the original poster and can lead to the wrong advice being given or take.

An On Going award is the equivalent of the DLA Indefinite award.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 9 months ago #163526 by Martin68
Replied by Martin68 on topic PIP Mandatory Reconsideration
Thanks for the "welcome" and quick reply Gordon. I was previously on an indefinite award for DLA for what it was worth. Is this new award just as worthless as the old one? My condition has not changed since the award of DLA and is certainly going to get no better moving forwards.

Sorry Gordon. It's just so annoying. Sorry for posting in the wrong post. As you rightly guessed, I'm new to all this. Thanks again for your help.

Bon

More
7 years 9 months ago #163579 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP Mandatory Reconsideration
Hi Bon,

You are right in thinking that the 'ongoing' award doesn't necessarily mean that you will not be assessed again! The PIP legislation makes reassessment possible at any stage, for any reason or non.

Here's hoping this doesn't apply to you and you have many years free from DWP activity!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.