× Members

Dreaded letter today. Currently on indefinite DLA

More
7 years 9 months ago #163823 by benion
I have autism, bipolar, dyspraxia, borderline traits, obesity (thanks to the psych meds) and have a long history of self harm and suicide attempts. I am also an ex drug addict.
I have been on indefinite DLA but got the letter today transferring me to the PIP.
I am terrified. I do not think I could manage the face to face assessment as it would cause so much distress I would probably end up self harming.
I see a psychologist privately (that is where my DLA gets spent) as the NHS is beyond useless. I might ask her to do a full report.
How long does this process take?
The guy at DWP ended the phone call saying "have a nice day". I asked him whether this comment was a p*ss take. Have a nice day? Not after that letter arrived.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163833 by Gordon

benion wrote: I have autism, bipolar, dyspraxia, borderline traits, obesity (thanks to the psych meds) and have a long history of self harm and suicide attempts. I am also an ex drug addict.
I have been on indefinite DLA but got the letter today transferring me to the PIP.
I am terrified. I do not think I could manage the face to face assessment as it would cause so much distress I would probably end up self harming.
I see a psychologist privately (that is where my DLA gets spent) as the NHS is beyond useless. I might ask her to do a full report.
How long does this process take?
The guy at DWP ended the phone call saying "have a nice day". I asked him whether this comment was a p*ss take. Have a nice day? Not after that letter arrived.

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

From start to finish you are probably looking at about 16 weeks.

The number of Paper assessments, where the claimant does not have a face to face assessment, has increased but they are still only done for maybe about 10% of claims, you are more likely to avoid a F2F if you provide a detailed response in the PIP2 and are able to provide evidence to support it.

Have a look at our PIP Claim guide

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

If you have more questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.