× Members

ESA Support Group and job interview

More
7 years 9 months ago #163868 by wolfchile
ESA Support Group and job interview was created by wolfchile
My wife is in the ESA support group and claims for us both as a couple. She has severe mental health problems, aspergers and physical disabilities. She attends hospital almost everyday due to various medical conditions and is in no fit state for work. However she has just applied for job by sending a CV and has an interview tomorrow as part of a guaranteed interview scheme. When I asked why she wants to go she said she wants to see what interview would be like and if she could manage it. She was medically retired from last job and has become very ill since. We have been living in fear of DWP since we had malicious reports triggering compliance interviews which caused her to become suicidal. We have a very bleak existence and my wife is terrified of PIP assessment as she currently has lifetime award of DLA. She is frightened of money being stopped and us having no money and neither of of us have any family or friends.

My question is if she does go for this interview could this cause problems for us? It's a job in civil service and they asked for NI number. She wants to experience going for interview and doesn't think she would get job and would fail medical. Its sounds pointless but she is so frightened about having DLA stopped and not getting PIP she is worried about whether she would be forced to get a job and not be capable. It is understandable in context of her horrendous life experience and illness.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163879 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Support Group and job interview
wolfchile

Going for an interview is not going to have any impact on her ESA, there's no requirement for the DWP to be informed and having to give her NIN, even to the Civil Service, does not mean that they will be informed about what she is doing, if's far more likely that they are doing a basic check that she is entitled to work in the UK.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.