× Members

PIP Appeal - Medical Assessment report

More
7 years 9 months ago #164072 by TheWIfe22
PIP Appeal - Medical Assessment report was created by TheWIfe22
Hi
I am writing on behalf of my husband who has a number of medical conditions which have forced him to retire on medical grounds. He has had his PIP declined scoring 0 on everything, he asked for a reconsideration which again came back as 0. So he has now appealed this. I have downloaded the guide how to challenge a PIP medical report and now have a copy of the actual report to comment on - thank you for bearing with me.

The report is riddled with errors, inconsistencies, repeated sweeping statements of opinion and very little input from my husband, he was not consulted about his health, his medication, his typical daily routine, his abilities or levels of pain. He was physically man handled to perform the various mobility exercises required, causing his distress and additional pain which the assessor refused to acknowledge, he was unrelenting in his demands. The assessor was aggressive, abrupt, disinteresed and quite frankly an uncaring bully.

Looking at the guide my husband could make an argument for each and every point stated, but should he.

Any advice or additional help would be most gratefully received.

I am worrying myself sick about getting the level of information right.

Thank you all in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #164114 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Appeal - Medical Assessment report
S

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

Your husband will only receive an award by his showing that he meets the criteria for one, so if you think that he meets the criteria for certain points then you need to explain why this is the case in your appeal.

Dealing with the assessment report is important but will not in itself result in an award.

So I would go through the assessment report, his PIP2 and the PIP Claim guide to make sure that you have shown that he meets the criteria for the applicable descriptors, be careful as some of these have multiple elements and all of these will need to be met to score the points, also, pay attention to the wording as it often uses specific terms and you should reflect these as appropriate.

If you have more questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.