× Members

PIP-contacting my MP

More
7 years 9 months ago #164084 by benion
PIP-contacting my MP was created by benion
Got the letter moving me over from DLA to PIP and already a complete mess. Very very ill because of this letter. Do not think they should be doing this to vulnerable people. Contacting MP today.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #164120 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP-contacting my MP

benion wrote: Got the letter moving me over from DLA to PIP and already a complete mess. Very very ill because of this letter. Do not think they should be doing this to vulnerable people. Contacting MP today.

I am sorry to hear that you are finding this so upsetting, but you must make a claim for PIP within the timescales listed in the letter or your current DLA claim will be suspended and if you do not start a claim within a further four weeks, then it will be closed.

Please have a look at our PIP Claim guide for more details about making a claim.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

If you have any further questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 9 months ago #164132 by benion
Replied by benion on topic PIP-contacting my MP
I am doing the form and getting my GP to write a letter to say a face to face assessment will put me at high risk of self harm.
I am using the downloadable guides and seeing CAB on Wednesday.
In the last 8 years or so there have been massive cut backs to mental health services and all of my support has been withdrawn. It is absolutely disgusting.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

More
7 years 9 months ago #164152 by alison
Replied by alison on topic PIP-contacting my MP
hi hope u dont mind me replying but just wanted to say how i agree with you enormously .i myself am still waiting for therapy for something which happened to me in 2012 ,been told ime now 20th on the list for psychotherapy , took 2 yrs to eventualy be referred to mental health team after numerous amounts of medication that didnt help,. am now facing a appeal for pip a wasnt awarded anything , wishing you luck in your pip claim hope you get a good outcome ,
alison,

More
7 years 9 months ago #164173 by benion
I have been sectioned twice and still discharged from the psychiatrist. Last year I tried to get to see a psychiatrist as I was delusional. I thought there was a poltergeist in the house moving things around. I realise now that it was me moving things, but because my memory was very poor I was forgetting I was moving them. I was also checking up to 30 times a day that there was no intruder in the house who could attack me, looking under beds and in cupboards. Despite this the psychiatrist refused to put me on the out patient's list and I was discharged back to my GP. I was terrified and confused.
In the 1970s there was the old asylums, then there was care in the community and now there is nothing.

More
7 years 9 months ago #164250 by benion
Looks like contacting the MP was a good move. I have spoken to the MP's case worker who says a F2F assessment is totally inappropriate for someone like me and she is writing to the DWP.
She is also writing to the clinical commissioning group about the total lack of support I have and the detrimental effect this has had on me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.