× Members

Appointment for PIP Face 2 Face Assessment

More
7 years 9 months ago #164255 by Angela Barron
Appointment for PIP Face 2 Face Assessment was created by Angela Barron
Hi,

I have in the last 2 weeks sent in my application for PIP, after being "invited" to apply for it as my DLA award is due to expire in November. I had included a load of additional evidence, including letters from 2 consultants and 2 GP's. I would have thought with the massive amount of information I sent with my PIP form that they would have enough to make a decision on my claim, but I have today received an appointment from Atos for a consultation. Do most people have to go for these assessments now, regardless of how much detailed info you send them? And does this assessment appointment have any impact on the decision - is it more likely to mean that my claim will not be successful if I am asked to attend a face 2 face? I am terrified of attending this appointment, not only about the possible outcome, but the thing itself is really scary. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

Button.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #164270 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Appointment for PIP Face 2 Face Assessment
Button

About 90% of PIP claimants will have a face to face, this is up from the 2% who could have expected one when the benefit was originally introduced, whilst detailed information supplied in and with the PIP2 can increase the claimants chances of a avoiding a face to face, factors such as the conditions that they have and the nature of those condition can also play a part. Lastly, up to date medical reports that directly address the PIP criteria will make a huge difference to the decision.

I haven't seen any correlation between having a face to face and not having one in regard to Decisions as there are pluses and minuses to both options.

You have two options; you can ask for a home assessment if this would be easier for you or you can try and provide additional information to try and avoid a F2F assessment, in either case you will need the support of your GP as you will need them to write to the Assessment Provider.

IN the former case they need to explain why you cannot attend at the AP's offices, in the latter you need to try and provide the missing details of information that will allow a recommendation to be made without them seeing you.

If you have further questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 9 months ago #164293 by Angela Barron
Replied by Angela Barron on topic Appointment for PIP Face 2 Face Assessment
Thanks very much Gordon,

I appreciate your reply, I'll come back to you if I need any further help.

Thanks again,
Button.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.