× Members

Melady's PIP questions

More
7 years 9 months ago #164265 by melady
Melady's PIP questions was created by melady
Hi everyone,

I like so many others are on the PIP journey.
My DLA award expires next month and I have only had my assessment today due to the first appointment being cancelled by ATOS.
I have a blue badge which obviously also expires next month and from what you say about decisions taking about 8 weeks even if I get a mobility award it will not be before my current badge expires.
Do you know of any way I can bridge the gap?

thanks,
Melady

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #164275 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Melady's PIP questions

melady wrote: Hi everyone,

I like so many others are on the PIP journey.
My DLA award expires next month and I have only had my assessment today due to the first appointment being cancelled by ATOS.
I have a blue badge which obviously also expires next month and from what you say about decisions taking about 8 weeks even if I get a mobility award it will not be before my current badge expires.
Do you know of any way I can bridge the gap?

thanks,
Melady

Good and bad news, if the Decision is not made on your PIP claim then your DLA claim will be extended so that it can remain in payment until four weeks after your PIP Decision is made.

I'm afraid your options for the Blue Badge are a lot more limited, as far I am aware there is no mechanism for a short term extension, so your only option would be to make a direct claim for the Blue Badge to your Local Authority. The following link explains how to do this.

www.gov.uk/apply-blue-badge

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: melady

More
7 years 8 months ago #165551 by melady
Replied by melady on topic Melady's PIP questions
Hi All, I thought I would update you on my PIP journey.

I had my assessment on 26th July at one of their centres and was treated very fairly. I have severe ME along with other problems and the nurse seemed to understand my conditions. The asessment took about 40 minutes. I had sent doctors letters and other evidence with my PIP2 form.
On 1st August I wrote asking for the PA4 form and have today received it. If I have calculated it correctly I have been awarded 23 points for care and 16 for mobility which I think is about right.
Also it states due to my age and the problems I have that I should receive an ongoing award as any improvement is unlikely.
Although it is awful to realise how unwell I am, I am very, very grateful that my PIP experience has gone smoothly so far. It is only due to B&W advice and reading about other members experiences on the forum that I was prepared so thank you everyone. I will post again when I get award letter.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon, slugsta

More
7 years 8 months ago #167432 by melady
Replied by melady on topic Melady's PIP questions
Hi to all this evening.Well today the dreaded brown envelope arrived. I am pleased to tell you that I have been given an award of enhanced care and enhanced mobility for an ongoing period. It is such a relief I just burst into tears.
I want to send my heartfelt thanks to everyone at B&W from the moderators through to Steve and those that write the guides. I know I wouldn't have received the award I did without their help. I joined 6 years ago after being refused DLA and have received the correct award everytime since.

You all rock!!!!

Melady.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maggie

More
7 years 8 months ago #167444 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Melady's PIP questions
That's great news melady! Thanks for letting us know - and for your very kind words about B+W :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.