× Members

NEW PIP REVIEW FIRM

More
7 years 9 months ago #164298 by Augustus
NEW PIP REVIEW FIRM was created by Augustus
regarding the above, my pip review is due in August, so I may not get a chance to read your updated guide.
I sense a trap in just filling in form, saying no change. Easier for them to assume and misunderstand.
Should I complete as per full for with backup explanation for each question, even when confirming existing situation?
And will they award, hopefully, on same basis as full assessment, or will a review award automatically last for a shorter period. This aspect is unclear.
They told me that my pip was to run to 2017 but with a review in 2016.
So even if successful now, might I have to complete a full form in 2017 whatever happens?

Thank you

A

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #164332 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic NEW PIP REVIEW FIRM
Augustus

The AR1 form, if you are sent one, does not allow for detailed replies, especially where the claimant is reporting "no change". Our advice at the moment is limited as this form only appeared a couple of weeks and nobody who has so far received one has completed their reassessment.

Where the form deals with a change, the space available to document it is extremely limited, it's not clear yet whether the intention is to then send a PIP2 or make a Decision on the information available.

Any reassessment will result in a new Decision being made and if an award is made, a new period of entitlement, so I would not expect you to have a second assessment in 2017.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 9 months ago #164388 by melady
Replied by melady on topic NEW PIP REVIEW FIRM
Hi Augustus,

I know this is not quite the same but in 2010 when my DLA was due for reassessment the DWP sent to me a much shorter form asking if there was any change.
I naively returned the form saying no change and they promptly decided I was no longer entitled to any DLA.
I went from HRM/LRC to zero. It required me going to Tribunal which reinstated my DLA claim & increased it to HRM/MRC.

I would be very, very wary about sending any claim without adequate evidence to support it.

We all know that the DWP are trying to reduce spending on benefits.

Melady.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.