× Members

UC and assessment points

More
7 years 8 months ago #164588 by concunningham
UC and assessment points was created by concunningham
Hi,
firstly I'm new to this site.

I have noticed that under Universal credit the points needed for an increased award due to limited capability is 15 yet under PIP or ESA it is 8 or 12 fro enhanced.

This does not seem right. Am I missing something?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #164609 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic UC and assessment points

Con Cunningham wrote: Hi,
firstly I'm new to this site.

I have noticed that under Universal credit the points needed for an increased award due to limited capability is 15 yet under PIP or ESA it is 8 or 12 fro enhanced.

This does not seem right. Am I missing something?

I'm afraid you are you are confusing the benefits :)

Both UC and ESA require the claimant to score 15 points to be placed in the WRAG and to meet specific Descriptors to be placed in the Support Group.

PIP is a separate benefit from both UC and ESA and has it's own scoring system of 8 points for a Standard award and 12 for an Enhanced award.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: concunningham

More
7 years 8 months ago #165563 by concunningham
Replied by concunningham on topic UC and assessment points
Thanks for replying to my previous post.
This may sound strange but if you qualify for PIP with say only 8 points do you not automatocally qualify for ESA?
I was thinking (no doubt wrongly) that In theory you amy not get enough points under an assessment for ESA but enough under a PIP assessment.
Is that possible?

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #165564 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic UC and assessment points
I'm afraid it is not possible to qualify automatically for either PIP or ESA via an award for the other benefit.

The criteria for ESA and PIP are very different (even where they appear to be similar). It is perfectly possible to qualify for enhanced rates of PIP and work full time!

When the time comes you will be assessed for each benefit separately and might even be required to have 2 face2face assessments :(

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 8 months ago #165566 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic UC and assessment points

Con Cunningham wrote: Thanks for replying to my previous post.
This may sound strange but if you qualify for PIP with say only 8 points do you not automatocally qualify for ESA?
I was thinking (no doubt wrongly) that In theory you amy not get enough points under an assessment for ESA but enough under a PIP assessment.
Is that possible?

Although some of the activities for ESA and PIP appear to be similar they actually have different criteria, there are no automatic qualifications from benefit to the other, a claimant could be in the SG for ESA and receive no PIP award and receive an Enhanced award for PIP and no ESA.

Gordon

More
7 years 8 months ago #165748 by concunningham
Replied by concunningham on topic UC and assessment points
Thanks again.
your help is appreciated.
;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.