× Members

advised ESA in Mayof cancer treat ESA50 recd Aug

More
7 years 8 months ago #164937 by AloneOnESA
Replied by AloneOnESA on topic advised ESA in Mayof cancer treat ESA50 recd Aug
At the time of asking my question here yesterday I had simultaneously made an appointment to see an ESA advisor at my local job centre, which was booked for today.

As anticipated, the ESA advisor there knew nothing about exemptions, but understood my frustrations. They 'phoned the ESA decision makers and asked the questions. did I need to fill out the entire form? and What of the "Exemption" criteria.
Apparently the decision maker knew nothing about Exemptions and said I had to complete the entire form. Evidently the Job Centre cannot 'phone to adjudicator's office, who MAY know about the exemptions. It was suggested to me that I wrote to the Adjudicator's Office and asked them. My concern was that going on previous experience I would not get a reply before the ESA50 form was required to be sent back.

VERY fortunately, there was someone working at that job centre, who was on their lunch, but who used to work in the ESA decision making dept. The advisor said that they would speak to that person for me and 'phone me.
Thankfully, this person is certain that your advice is the correct advice and that as long as a GP is prepared to fill out and sign page 20 then I should ..... be switched directly to the Support Group for a period of time.

Had this person with some knowledge and experience not been available to ask, I would have been none the wiser and would have written to the adjudicator whilst also filling out the entire form. then somehow try to synchronise the two, which from experience would be a nightmare.

I am appalled that an ESA decision maker does not know what an "Exemption" means and how it should work.
The information was easy enough for me to find ... Do these people have NO advanced training at all? No resourcefulness? Do they never question anything?
I'm completely dumbfounded. I did not expect the advisor at the Job centre to know although I think they should know, but for the decision makers not to know is ludicrous.
Why am I still shocked at how ineffective and lacking in capability these people are?

I'm convinced this is their way of sorting "the wheat from the chaff". That if someone has the intelligence and resourcefulness to question something then they must be fit for work. If they do not question anything and behave as sheep then they will do as they are told anyway and can be labelled as the decision maker sees fit on the day.

Anyway thanks Gordon, you were correct, it seems, so I at least had something in my armoury to work with.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.