× Members

Just received my PIP PA4 v.3 - Assessors Report

More
7 years 8 months ago #164896 by MrFibro
The form i filled out a few months ago had about 40 pages to it ? just like the one when I first claimed for PIP back in 2014, which was my first PIP claim.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #164903 by Gordon

mrfibrospondodysthmatic wrote: HI GORDON,

Sorry but i'm misunderstanding the difference between a PIP 1 and a PIP 2?

The PIP1 is the form used to make a claim for PIP

The PIP2 is the form you describe your limitations in.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 8 months ago #164904 by Gordon

mrfibrospondodysthmatic wrote: The form i filled out a few months ago had about 40 pages to it ? just like the one when I first claimed for PIP back in 2014, which was my first PIP claim.

I understand that but did you complete it as if it was a new claim, including full details of how your conditions limit your ability to complete the PIP activities, as you did with the first form?

or

Did you complete it with only the changes that have experienced since you completed the first form?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrFibro

More
7 years 8 months ago #164929 by MrFibro
Hi Gordon,

yes it was a pip 2 form, which came 18 months earlier than schedule. i.e I was awarded pip enhanced on both components for 3 years.

18 months later I had the forms pip sent to me, which I filled in again.

hence me having another pip assessment. and failed on 2 points for daily care. (prep and cooking)

yrs it was filled in as treated like a new fresh claim.

giving all details , evidence etc.

and what I did I completed the form, and filled it in exactly the same as the original pip form, but just added some updated info to it .

and an updated letter of support from my GP.

But from my perspective and my doctors my health had deteriorated, hence the GP's updated letter of support.

I now have that report and I somehow have got to try and get my head round and contradict the assessors report.

example I walked in my home 18 metres to the bathroom

albeit the bathroom is only 5 metres from where the assessor was conducting the pip assessment!

now I need to somehow fit that into the descriptors I'm claiming for ?

and also walking up 1 flight of stairs only 4 times a week means I can cook and prep food ?

in the assessors words... I had the motivation to walk up 10 treds, so I have the motivation to prep and cook food ?

I find that nonsense, but I'm struggling showing or proving how to put that into words on a mandatory reconsideration request.

or an appeal in order to show how and why I fit the or those descriptors, which I was denied points on?

kind regards

More
7 years 8 months ago #164946 by Gordon
mrfibrospondodysthmatic

Try not to focus too much about the evidence you don't have, it won't be this that gets the Decision revised

If you are happy that you have explained your limitations in sufficient detail in the PIP2 to show you meet the criteria to score points then you can focus on the report and deal with the assessors comments.

First of all try and deal with the facts in the report, a good example would be; the assessor says you walked 18m to the bathroom when it is actually only 5m. Try and reference these things to things that the DM can understand, so again as an example; my house is about 12m end to end, so 18m is a huge and improbable distance to walk in doors.

Next try and show that the references that the assessor makes are unreasonable, again as an example and I know you have not mentioned this, but if you had dexterity problems then you can say that references to your ability to climb stairs is not at the heart of your problems with Preparing Food, it is your dexterity that is limiting you

Gordon

More
7 years 8 months ago #164953 by MrFibro
Hi Gordon,

Thanks for your reply. Your examples certainly make sense. I only wished I could express my words and write them down in such a professional manner the way you do.

I will endeavour to the best of my ability, and try to make some headway / progress with the report.

The deadline is up on 16th august for my MR to had been posted & landed on the DWP's desk.

ive calculated 4 weeks from the day the decision was made on my pip..say mon 17th july to the 17th august.

Kind regards

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.