× Members

DLA and retirement age.

More
7 years 8 months ago #165101 by MarkW
DLA and retirement age. was created by MarkW
Born in 1953 I am 62, and have always understood that the DWP benefits stop being assessed for, at 65.

I am on ESA, DLA, & Industrial accident payments.

I have been assessed for ESA, and managed to get it awarded in the non working group after appealing all the way to seeing a judge. I was never physically seen for the assessment apart from by the judge!

With regard to PIP (I am on DLA) I also though 65 would be a stop assessing age. However I have now heard that someone is to be assessed at age 67!

Will I be left to relax in life at 65 or will I still be harassed all the way to my grave?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #165108 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA and retirement age.
Mark

Your ESA will stop when you reach State Retirement Age, depending on your birthday this could be a couple of months after you reach 65.

Providing you continue to meet the requirements for PIP you will continue to receive the benefit past State Retirement Age. Depending on your award you will be subject to reassessment to confirm you still meet the requirements.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: MarkW

More
7 years 8 months ago #165172 by MarkW
Replied by MarkW on topic DLA and retirement age.
I am in such a state, just dreading when the letter might arrive. The idea of having the PIP re-assessment every few years for life really makes me fear life itself.
At some point I will get told I have to be assessed to change from DLA to PIP. I dread the post every day!
I have had DLA for many years; on 6th or 7th car now, so is there a point they just say 'life' ?
My DLA is 'indefinite'.

More
7 years 8 months ago #165183 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA and retirement age.

MarkW wrote: I am in such a state, just dreading when the letter might arrive. The idea of having the PIP re-assessment every few years for life really makes me fear life itself.
At some point I will get told I have to be assessed to change from DLA to PIP. I dread the post every day!
I have had DLA for many years; on 6th or 7th car now, so is there a point they just say 'life' ?
My DLA is 'indefinite'.

The whole ethos of the "new" benefit system is that claimants are regularly assessed, that said it is possible to receive an on-going award for PIP which is loosely equivalent to a DLA indefinite award.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: MarkW

More
7 years 8 months ago #165210 by MarkW
Replied by MarkW on topic DLA and retirement age.
Understanding helps. Ok, I may not like the way things are done but I now know.
Many thanks :-)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.