× Members

PIP

More
7 years 8 months ago #165136 by Aengus
PIP was created by Aengus
Hi guys. I am completing my PIP claim form. I was previously on DLA, top rates for both daily living and mobility components. Looking at Q14 "Moving Around":- I have a left leg below knee amputation (the consequence of trauma surgery). There are days when, due to severe phantom limb pain, I cannot walk at all. For getting about the house I would then use a pair of crutches, with my prosthesis removed - thus, I am unable to go out.
Effectively then, in terms of "physically moving around, safely, to an acceptable standard, as often as you need".... I cannot even walk 20 metres, with or without crutches. Yet on other days, when I am free of phantom limb pain, I can walk with crutches between 20 and 50 metres.
My questions are:- 1) Q14a; would I be right in ticking the "Less than 20 metres" option, (Bearing in mind the wording from the form I quoted above)
2) I expect to earn 2 - 4 points for the "Going Out", Q13, section, but if for Q14 I tick "Between 20 and 50 metres", will I not then score the top rate of PIP mobility component?
3) I mean, would the points I score in "Going Out" Q13, be added to the probably 8 points I score in Q14 "Moving Around" (if I tick "Between 20 and 50 metres") - to give me the minimum of 12 points I need to score the top rate mobility component?
I'd be grateful for any constructive input. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #165149 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP
Hi and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

Don't forget that, in order to score points, you must suffer from the limitations for the majority of time. This can be more than 12 hours a day, or more than 7 days out of 14, for instance.

If your problems vary then you should say so, giving examples of how you are on your best, worst and average days and also how often these happen. You should not report only your worst days as this would leave you open to charges of fraud at a later date.

If the tick boxes do not adequately reflect your situation, we recommend leaving them blank and writing in the text box 'none of the above tick-boxes accurately reflect my situation. Please see additional sheet 4 for details' or something along those lines.

You are correct in saying that points from descriptors 13 and 14 will be added together for the mobility score. However, you will only score points against Q13 if you suffer from mental health, cognitive or sensory problems.

All this is explained in detail in the PIP guides

PIP help for claimants

May I suggest that you bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future? This will allow you to return with further questions or comments about your PIP without having to start a new topic each time. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one topic - and I hope you will find it useful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.