× Members

ESA Reassessment 2016

More
7 years 8 months ago #165528 by Idonia
ESA Reassessment 2016 was created by Idonia
Hello,

I received my ESA50 in the post yesterday and I have a few queries about it. I hope that this is okay.

Firstly, I understand that I have to provide up-to-date supporting information/evidence from my GP or other medical professional. Unfortunately, I have nothing that is less than two years old as I have been what is termed 'parked' by the NHS. Is it worth sending the information that I have or should I try to get an appointment with my GP (very hard where I live) to see if they could provide me with anything else?

Secondly, I am currently in the Support Group and have been since October 2013; this is my first reassessment since that time. I am claiming under both physical and mental health grounds, although my mental health affects me somewhat more seriously than my physical health. However, I am not under the 'care' of Mental Health services or taking any psychiatric medication at this time; due to significantly debilitating side-effects in the case of the latter, and abusive treatment and an appalling lack of concern or care in the case of the former. What sort of effect will these two points have on the outcome of my claim - will I still be likely to remain in the Support Group if I have no current input from Mental Health services? I should probably mention here that I was under the 'care' of Mental Health services and taking prescribed antidepressants at the time of my last reassessment in 2013, and I do intend to explain in my ESA50 why this is not the case now.

Lastly, I really cannot face the prospect of having to complete the ESA50 by hand - would it be acceptable to simply type my answers into Microsoft Word and then print them off to attach to the form? I am not confident with using computers and have no one to assist me, so trying to figure how to complete a PDF version of the form online would be too hard for me. I would of course number all of the sheets of paper and explain in the answer box for each question on the form which sheet of paper contains my response to that particular question.

That's everything I wanted to ask for now, and I'm sorry for being so long-winded about it!

Thanks in advance.

Idonia.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #165548 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Reassessment 2016
Idonia

It's not unusual for claimants not to have up to date medical evidence, there's little that you can do in the short term to remedy this. I would certainly send the evidence that you do have, even if has been sent before, where you can, try and show that it is still relevant to your conditions as they are now.

I would certainly speak to your GP to see what help they will provide, but don't expect too much, many dodge the issue by saying that the DWP will contact them if they need more information, they can but rarely do,

If you are still recognised as having mental health issues then this should not be an issue.

If you want to use the electronic version of the form have a look at the following

Using The PDF Version Of The ESA50 Questionnaire

If you attach sheets to the form, then each page has to have your full name and NIN at the top and you should number each page "page X of Y" so that it is easy to see if one is missing. Also, make it clear on the form where your answer actually is and on the attached pages what you are answering.

Pages can be attached by a staple or make a hole in the top left corner and use a treasury tag or string/ribbon to attach the pages, don't be tempted to glue the pages into the form as this will cause problems when it is scanned.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Idonia

More
7 years 6 months ago #171775 by Idonia
Replied by Idonia on topic ESA Reassessment 2016
Hello again,

I completed my ESA50 and returned it (along with so much additional info and supporting evidence - some dating back nearly a decade - that it barely fit in the envelope) on 3rd September. It was sent via First Class Recorded Delivery and was received on 5th September.

Since then I haven't heard anything, but to my knowledge my ESA is still being paid as of today.

However the stress and fear caused by this ongoing reassessment has been pretty hard on me lately, to the point that I spent this last weekend in hospital due to a suicide attempt.

Would it be worth sending a photocopy of my hospital discharge papers - which give the reason for my hospital admission as well as the reason why the suicide attempt occured - to Maximus?

And if so, which address do I send it to? Is it the address at the top of the letter which accompanied my ESA50 form or a different one?

Many thanks in advance.

Idonia.

More
7 years 6 months ago #171790 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Reassessment 2016
Idonia

SO sorry to hear this.

Yes, it is worth your notifying Maximus and the DWP of what has happened.

You should be able to get an address for Maximus from the following link

www.chdauk.co.uk/contact-us

As to the DWP, their address should be on any letter you have received from them about your ESA claim, but not the one that came with the ESA50.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 6 months ago #171817 by Idonia
Replied by Idonia on topic ESA Reassessment 2016
Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

I've had a look at the link you provided, and just wished to confirm that the address I need to send any additional supporting medical evidence to is the 'Customer Relations Team' address based at Quarry House in Leeds?

Sorry if that sounds like a daft question, but I've never had to send in any additional medical info after posting the ESA50 before, and I really want to make sure this gets to the right place.

Many thanks in advance.

Idonia.

More
7 years 6 months ago #171820 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA Reassessment 2016

Idonia wrote: Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

I've had a look at the link you provided, and just wished to confirm that the address I need to send any additional supporting medical evidence to is the 'Customer Relations Team' address based at Quarry House in Leeds?

Sorry if that sounds like a daft question, but I've never had to send in any additional medical info after posting the ESA50 before, and I really want to make sure this gets to the right place.

Many thanks in advance.

Idonia.

Yes, that appears to be the address for HAAS.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.