× Members

Assessment report received/MR advice needed please

More
7 years 8 months ago #165571 by enigma75
Thank you very much, Mrs Hurtyback :-).

My initial concern about replying to this thread rather than starting a new one was that people browsing the post's title wouldn't realise I was asking new questions. I didn't realise you could edit the title to reflect that, so thank you for that. I'll reply here from now on.

I'm very worried that the new DM could decrease the award, but the medical evidence I have in my favour is so strong, I think/hope it's worth the risk.

I will narrow my challenge down to a few facts, such as the HP not asking me certain questions, and neglecting to note down important things I said. Should I get my helper who was with me to co-sign this, as they were there and know what was said?

I'm very anxious about asking for a MR, but the thought of having to go through this again and again is also making me extremely depressed and anxious, so it's not much of a choice.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #165575 by slugsta
Don't forget that you will only get an award by showing how and why you score points against the descriptors. Saying 'the assessor didn't ask me x,y,z' will not be helpful unless you also go on to show why this is relevant to the descriptors.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 8 months ago #165580 by enigma75
I will do that, thank you. Does anyone know the best way to do it? For example with the prompting to eat thing, I talked about it lots on my form, my doctor also wrote that I need prompting to eat and three friends wrote that they regularly have to prompt me to eat. That should have been enough?

The HP didn't even mention my doctor's or friends' evidence when writing why they scored me zero points, and according to your guide if they disagree with your doctor's evidence they're supposed to state why. But they haven't. So I'll point that out, and I'll remind the second DM of the evidence that they currently have, and hopefully my doctor will mention it again in their second letter, but have I missed anything?

More
7 years 8 months ago #165584 by duckduckdo
Hi Cat. Just to let you know my situation has been very similar to yours along with the HP report comments and inaccuracies. I was assessed for PIP earlier on this year after being on indef HRM DLA. I scored HRM and 11 points Standard Care for 3 years, although report stated 'unlikely to be any significant change in the near future'. I have had my permanent spinal injury which qualifies me for the HRM over 35 years, so not sure how they expect me to get any better in 3 years. I also suffer from ME & FM with extreme fatigue, pain, brain fog causing significant cognitive problems which I stated on my PIP2 but scored 0 points, I honestly don't think either the HP who did my f2f or the DM even looked at my forms or evidence. After reading other members experiences on this forum and the fear I felt going through the PIP process I decided it wasn't worth it for me to put myself through additional stress asking for a MR and then having to go to appeal and risk losing my awards. Only you can make that decision but I know if you decide to go ahead the mods on here will do their best to guide you through the process.
At least, like me, you will be able to use the PIP report as evidence when you are assessed for ESA as it is confirmation you cannot walk more than 50 metres, and if you suffer pain and weakness, so unable to use a wheelchair you should be placed in the support group.
All the best with whatever decision you make.
The following user(s) said Thank You: enigma75

More
7 years 8 months ago #165588 by unBat412Fd
Hello Cat, just had a quick read of your topic, and yes why do they ask you to fill the form in and then take no notice of it? Total waste o time and extremely distressing to the claimant. Oh but that doesn't matter to them does it? Hope you get it all sorted. Best wishes!

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #165599 by slugsta
Hi Cat,

If you have already provided plenty of evidence then point the DM to where this is to be found.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by slugsta.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.