× Members

DLA to PIP Can I bring notes ro my assessment ?

More
7 years 8 months ago #165824 by jo
I have my DLA to PIP assessment next week. I know I didn't put enough information on the form as Ithese forms always cause my depression and anxiety to go through the roof mad it then becomes impossible for me to function
Is it possible for me to make notes about my health problems and how they affect me and take these with me to the appointment ? I

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #165830 by slugsta
Hi and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

Yes, you can take notes with you - but you might have to explain why you need them as there will be an assumption that a claimant will know how their health is affected without needing to resort to notes. Explain to the assessor as you have to us.

Our PIP guide explains what to expect at the appointment

PIP help for claimants

May I suggest that you bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future. This will allow you to return in future with questions or comments about your PIP without having to start a new topic each time. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one topic - and I hope you will find it useful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jo

More
7 years 8 months ago #165893 by bassettsfarm
Replied by bassettsfarm on topic DLA to PIP Can I bring notes ro my assessment ?
Hello,

I took some notes with me to my f2f assessment, mainly because I had had tests and subsequently results after I'd sent off my form, so took copies of reports/results. When I received the copy of the assessor's report, it was noted on there that the HP had observed me physically managing to hold and go through the papers, and that I could read and understand their content.

I hope this helps, I just wanted to let you know that EVERYTHING is observed and noted.

A

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.