× Members

DLA to PIP

More
7 years 8 months ago #165888 by 7033debbie
DLA to PIP was created by 7033debbie
My 21 yr old son has received his PIP2 form which I will complete on his behalf. with his input. He has had complex mental health issues since the age of 14, emetophobia, panic disorder, OCD, social anxiety and agorophobia. He does not leave the house at all and has had no support from the mental health service for the last 2 yrs as they say he will not engage with them. What they actually mean is he cannot attend appointments outside of home and they do not have funding for home visits. His only medical support is our GP who just keeps issuing repeat prescriptions. The GP has only met him a few times and made it very obvious he did not like doing home visits. I am concerned that because there is no recent medical input from the mental health service how do i provide evidence to support his claim. Should I send the original diagnosis from when he was 14 and also from 2 yrs ago to show nothing has changed or will there be no point doing this. Any advise would be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #165929 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA to PIP
D

Welcome to the forum.

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

It is what it is, many claimants are parked by the NHS as they cannot provide any additional treatment.

Yes, you can use his old reports you just need to explain how his conditions have changed since then or why they haven't.

Please make sure that you make use or our PIP Claim guide to help you complete the PIP2 form.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

If you have any questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.