× Members

pip medical report, obtaining a copy

More
7 years 8 months ago #165892 by wild
sorry if this question has been answered already, but I cant find it anywhere,
the person I care for had their pip face to face assessment the other day,
we where told by the assessor, that we would hear a decision in three to four weeks,
I presume the decision relies on the report,
so what is the protocol for obtaining a copy of the medical report?
do I wait to get a decision, and if not favourable ask for it then? or do I just phone and ask for a copy?
thanx in advance, and all the best to everyone.............

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #165931 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic pip medical report, obtaining a copy
Hi Wild and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

You can get a copy of the report by contacting DWP and asking for it. People have usually been able to get this a week or two after the face2face assessment but, recently, we have heard of members being told they have to wait until the decision has been made.

I'm afraid that decision are taking around 8 weeks from the face2face in many instances, so you might have a while longer to wait :(

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 7 months ago #168706 by wild
Replied by wild on topic pip medical report, obtaining a copy
thanks for the info above,
so up to date,
I waited for three weeks and requested a copy of the medical, and received it last week, unfortunately as expected, not very favourable,
(the other side paying for a biased report, that's what they get)
only 4 points for mobility and 4 for care,
so plenty of things in the report for me to argue about, because no where near actual or a realistic picture of the person I look after.
presuming the decision maker makes his dession solely on the report.

i'm getting to the question
as already posted a few months ago,, because i'm on esa and also a carer, with underliying entitlement to carers allowance ect, this makes me exempt from turning up for work related activity sessions at whatever venue...
I am having visions that the dla award for the person I care for will finish, and this pip application will not be going through automatically,
so will have to ask for it to be looked at again, beffor tribunal.

questions?
just because of the compulsory knock back and stop system, my caring role and work load doesn't also come to a sudden stop..
so
1 - how long does carers allowance continue for after the person they'r careing for entitlement stops.?
2 - will i have to turn up, take part at work related activity group venue, until things have been sorted out in the claimants favour.

More
7 years 7 months ago #168727 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic pip medical report, obtaining a copy
Wild

To try and answer your questions.

1. It's not entirely clear, none of the documentation I've found directly refers to the situation where the caree loses entitlement, but as far as I can see your CA would cease at the same time. So, if no PIP Daily Living award is made the caree will continue to receive DLA for a further 4 weeks during which you will continue to receive CA, at the end of the four weeks your CA will end.

2. If you are in the ESA WRAG then you will be required to participate in any Work Related Activity that the JC+ believe is appropriate for your limitations. Please be aware that your current CA award does not exempt you from attending WFIs, only WRA.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 7 months ago #168834 by wild
Replied by wild on topic pip medical report, obtaining a copy
Thanx for your quick response Gordon,
i'll post up the decision on the claim and possibly pick every ones brains when it comes through if its not favourable to the claimant,
all the best for now

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.