× Members

PIP Home visit assessment looming

More
7 years 8 months ago #166085 by lizzie_wa
PIP Home visit assessment looming was created by lizzie_wa
Atos have accepted my request for a home assessment for PIP. Could anyone give me tips on what to expect, for example will they want to look around the house, or ask me to show them the disability aids I use?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #166089 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Home visit assessment looming

lizzie_wa wrote: Atos have accepted my request for a home assessment for PIP. Could anyone give me tips on what to expect, for example will they want to look around the house, or ask me to show them the disability aids I use?

Home assessments for PIP are not significantly different from those held at the Assessment Providers offices. You can choose which room you want the assessment to be held in and can have someone with you. There's a section in the PIP Claim guide that covers the assessment and the questions that you are likely to be asked.

Best of luck

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: lizzie_wa

More
7 years 8 months ago #166118 by ploppy
Replied by ploppy on topic PIP Home visit assessment looming
I also requested a home assessment which was accepted. I was also concerned that I didn't really have any aids as such. Fortunately my concerns were very short lived. I never received a letter but a phone call saying they were coming the next day, morning. I had no time to worry. All I had was a pill box, walking stick, & a pick up grabber. I do have rails etc in parts of the house, a wet room & a 'special loo' that washes & dries me which I couldn't live without. I have degenerative spine disease & other probs and any aids I was given years ago I gave back. They were no good for me.
He arrived in the morning, luckily my carer was here although she just carried on with her work. I lay on the settee in my nightie and stayed there as sitting down is very painful after a few mins. He asked to sit down, I offered him a drink, my carer would make him one, but he declined. All I had ready was all my medication, forms of I.D & my pill box.
He was here around 30mins, asked about my medication, how do I get out, washing, preparing food & that was about it. I told him my carer does nearly everything for me because I cant. I didn't elaborate on anything, couldn't be bothered as too puffy. just answered what he asked. He asked why I was so breathless I said I was in pain which I was as I'd just had a wash etc. He said he'd seen all he needed, not to worry about anything all would be ok.
He didn't ask to go anywhere else in the house, didn't even ask me to get up or do anything. As I say, I have no wheelchair, no walking frame,no perching stool, no special cups, infact virtually nothing in aids. I told him they were no good to me. As I can't stand or sit for long there's not much I can do, aids or no aids.The pain from my neck affects my shoulders which affects my arms & grip, no strength. Then the cat walked in. I told it not to come in if it heard voices, but no, it was my little girl but inside I thought I bet this goes against me for some stupid reason.
I was awarded the enhanced rate on both components so he kept his word.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lizzie_wa , slugsta

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.