× Members

PIP Mandatory Reconsideration clarify guidelines

More
7 years 8 months ago #166301 by Harryb
Have had my face to face for PIP and obtained a copy of the report, zero on all counts so I am expecting this to carry through to the decision maker with me being awarded no points at all. Reading through the guides I am unsure whether in the next stage (mandatory reconsideration), it is best to simply state that I want one in writing, as described in one of the guides. Or, to give a brief account of some of the reasons that I feel justifies it, as described in another guide. Would appreciate being pointed in the right direction.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #166320 by slugsta
Hi Harry,

I far you are probably correct in thinking you will be refused PIP if the assessor gave you zero points. It is very unusual for the Decision Maker to depart from the assessor's advice by any large margin.

You can approach the MR in two ways -

1)You can put all your effort into trying to show how and why you should have scored points against certain descriptors. After all, there's no point in progressing to appeal if you don't have to. This is likely to take longer but has a slim chance of success.

2) You can decide that the MR is unlikely to overturn the original decision and not waste your time with it. Providing little detail would probably result in a faster decision so that you could move on to appeal.

Decide which tactic you want to use and follow the appropriate guide.

May I suggest that you bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future? This will allow you to return with further questions or comments without having to start a new topic each time (with luck, you will only need to come once to tell us about a favourable). It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one topic - and I hope you will find it useful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Harryb

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.