× Members

lower-rate moblity

More
7 years 8 months ago #166874 by MO
lower-rate moblity was created by MO
In unfamiliar places can asking passer-by repeatedly for directions count as guidance/ prompting ?... as I suffer chronic depression and have poor concentration and memory problems It is a struggle to try and work out and follow my route properly due to the nature of my illness.. I feel I need to be accompanied so I am reassured and encouraged.and prevent me getting lost easily and not becoming late to my destination.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #166890 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic lower-rate moblity

MO wrote: In unfamiliar places can asking passer-by repeatedly for directions count as guidance/ prompting ?... as I suffer chronic depression and have poor concentration and memory problems It is a struggle to try and work out and follow my route properly due to the nature of my illness.. I feel I need to be accompanied so I am reassured and encouraged.and prevent me getting lost easily and not becoming late to my destination.

You can certainly argue this, but you need to be aware that the DWP see this as primarily a cognitive or sensory issue, so you will need to provide evidence of your memory problems.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 8 months ago #166901 by MO
Replied by MO on topic lower-rate moblity
My doctor has given me a supporting letter mentioning I need continually prompting when in unfamiliar place due to the nature of my illness.

Psychiatrist in the past has mentioned concentration ,memory and confusion are integral part of my depressive illness.

The tribunal in December 2015 accepted I had cognitive impairment.

I am going to Atos assessment in a few weeks time and I am extremely anxious about it.

Under DLA I was getting the lower rate mobility.

More
7 years 8 months ago #166905 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic lower-rate moblity

MO wrote: My doctor has given me a supporting letter mentioning I need continually prompting when in unfamiliar place due to the nature of my illness.

Psychiatrist in the past has mentioned concentration ,memory and confusion are integral part of my depressive illness.

The tribunal in December 2015 accepted I had cognitive impairment.

I am going to Atos assessment in a few weeks time and I am extremely anxious about it.

Under DLA I was getting the lower rate mobility.

Although there are a lot of similarities between the criteria for DLA LRM and the PIP Going Out activity the emphasis is different and you may struggle to score points, for example your doctors letter strongly suggests that (b) would apply for 4 points which is not enough for an award.

All you can do is present the best case you can and see what they say.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.