× Members

PIP Medical Scheduled for start of Holidays

More
7 years 8 months ago #167377 by Frank
Hi I have had a pip medical appointment sent and it is scheduled for a home visit the day I fly out on holiday ,don't want to tell them this in case they take a dim view ,I feel I might have to cancel my holiday the first I have had in a long time, can anyone advise. .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #167398 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Medical Scheduled for start of Holidays
F

These are decision that only you can make.

You don't describe your problems or what holiday you are taking, so it's not possible to say how your doing so might be viewed but you are right to be concerned about the assumptions that might be made.

PS - there is no need for you to post your question more than once, all posts are moderated and will not appear in the forum until approved by a Moderator, even when we are online we try to operate a first in first out approach to dealing with the queue so it can still be some time before they will be answered.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 8 months ago #167418 by Frank
Sorry thank you.

More
7 years 8 months ago #167449 by benion
Replied by benion on topic PIP Medical Scheduled for start of Holidays
Frank, my advice depends on the length of holiday....
If it a week long holiday then leave it until the day you are due to jet off and inform them you are unable to attend as too ill, but you should be able to attend one a couple of weeks later.
They will then rearrange and no judgements will be made about the fact you can go on holiday.
The problem comes if it is a longer holiday, over 10 days. The problem with this is they may send you another appointment while you are away and you may then unwittingly fail to attend and for a second refusal they can stop the claim.
There are a few options...you could get a friend/relative to pop in and check your mail every day, but the downside is you may have to return early which will cost you extra in return transport.
My understanding (but I may be wrong and mods may need to correct this) is you are allowed rearrange 2 appointments, but a third failure to attend and they can stop the claim for non compliance.

More
7 years 8 months ago #167451 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP Medical Scheduled for start of Holidays
I am afraid that claimants are allowed to rearrange only one appointment. Failure to attend the second risks the file being returned to DWP and the claim closed. Any such decision is arguable, the problem is that DWP tend to close first and ask questions later! :(

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 8 months ago #167499 by benion
Replied by benion on topic PIP Medical Scheduled for start of Holidays
Yes, anything to save cash Mrs Hurtyback!
So basically you could tell them when you are leaving you cannot attend and then you have about a week's grace before they send you another one (you are allowed to refuse anything in less than 7 days notice.
If your holiday is over 7 days I would advise against it, unless you have the back up plan of someone checking your mail and an early flight home.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.