× Members

66 year old pensioner with Parkinsons

More
7 years 7 months ago #168484 by Lesley Barrett
66 year old pensioner with Parkinsons was created by Lesley Barrett
I have many autoimmune diseases, Asthma, bone fragility, inability to walk and Parkinson's. what is the prognosis for staying on my lifetime DLA?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #168490 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic 66 year old pensioner with Parkinsons
Hi and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

Although you have a lifetime DLA award, as you would have been below 65 years of age in April 2013, you will be 'invited' to apply for PIP at some stage in the next few years (you will not be able to continue on DLA long-term once you get this letter).

Like DLA and ESA, PIP will be awarded because of limitations caused by a medical condition (or conditions), not the condition itself.

However, PIP has deliberately been made harder to get than DLA in an effort to reduce the welfare bill. So some people who are, quite properly, in receipt of DLA will find that they get a lower PIP award - or even nothing.

You can prepare yourself by reading our PIP guide, deciding where you should score points and thinking about how you can demonstrate this. This includes collecting medical evidence if necessary as it is unlikely that your GP/consultant will be contacted.

PIP help for claimants

If you have further questions please reply to this message and we will do our best to help. You will find it easily in future if you bookmark/favourite it on your web browser now :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.