× Members

ESA and pension and an interview under caution.

More
7 years 7 months ago #168569 by Little miss
Hi Guys,

Please help I am so stressed and anxious and making myself sick.

I have been on Incapacity Benefit since 1997, i was medically retired from the NHS. I cant remember exactly when i converted to ESA but was placed in ESA support group then when the 365 days were up (maybe a couple of years ago)

they re assessed me to see if i was legible to continue, the outcome i believe was as i was in support group i would continue getting CR ESA. that carried on then in march i recieved a letter stating as i get £74.36 a week occupational pension, I have one for £13.23 and one for £61.11 and that was to come out of my ESA. And that I may have been overpayed ESA.

I looked up online about CR ESA and pension and it says that if you have extra money over £85 they would take 50% over the £85 as i get under that i assumed i was ok. I phoned in DWP in march and I asked them about this they then said I was on Both IR ESA and CR ESA so that rule doesnt apply to me.

Then Today I have been sent a letter from DWP inviting me to an Interview under Caution about my ESA and my
pension. can anyone advise me i am so nervous as far as i'm aware they new of my pensions as i sent them P60 in the past.

please help.

Regards
The topic has been locked.
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #168571 by Gordon
Little miss

I'm really sorry but as this is a IUC we can't give advice on the forum, you need to get legal advice from a trained advisor.

www.advicenow.org.uk/guides/how-deal-interview-under-caution

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Little miss
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #168573 by Little miss
Replied by Little miss on topic ESA and pension and an interview under caution.
This message contains confidential information

This message contains confidential information
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Gordon.
Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris