× Members

ESA and pension and an interview under caution.

More
7 years 7 months ago #168569 by Little miss
Hi Guys,

Please help I am so stressed and anxious and making myself sick.

I have been on Incapacity Benefit since 1997, i was medically retired from the NHS. I cant remember exactly when i converted to ESA but was placed in ESA support group then when the 365 days were up (maybe a couple of years ago)

they re assessed me to see if i was legible to continue, the outcome i believe was as i was in support group i would continue getting CR ESA. that carried on then in march i recieved a letter stating as i get £74.36 a week occupational pension, I have one for £13.23 and one for £61.11 and that was to come out of my ESA. And that I may have been overpayed ESA.

I looked up online about CR ESA and pension and it says that if you have extra money over £85 they would take 50% over the £85 as i get under that i assumed i was ok. I phoned in DWP in march and I asked them about this they then said I was on Both IR ESA and CR ESA so that rule doesnt apply to me.

Then Today I have been sent a letter from DWP inviting me to an Interview under Caution about my ESA and my
pension. can anyone advise me i am so nervous as far as i'm aware they new of my pensions as i sent them P60 in the past.

please help.

Regards
The topic has been locked.
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #168571 by Gordon
Little miss

I'm really sorry but as this is a IUC we can't give advice on the forum, you need to get legal advice from a trained advisor.

www.advicenow.org.uk/guides/how-deal-interview-under-caution

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Little miss
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #168573 by Little miss
Replied by Little miss on topic ESA and pension and an interview under caution.
This message contains confidential information

This message contains confidential information
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Gordon.
Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.