× Members

Supersession

More
7 years 7 months ago #168575 by Joanne-c05
Supersession was created by Joanne-c05
Hi guys. I'm new here so bare with me lol
I was previously on Incapacity Benefit and was moved on to ESA and placed in the WRAG group, this was without a medical or any kind of Interview. I also get DLA, high rate Mobility and middle rate care indefinitely. I have been asked to attend work focused interviews and so far I have told my 'advisor' that I couldn't attend due to my disabilities. He phoned me last week for me to go in for one because he couldn't put off not seeing me any longer and he wants me to ask for a Supersession so I can be moved into the support group. I told him that I am waiting on results from one hospital and I have an appointment with a Neurosurgeon on the 6th of October so I wasn't doing anything until I know what's next as my condition has progressed. He's phoning me back at the end of October to see what's going on. I have no idea what a Supersession is or how to ask for one so I need your help!!! Where do I start and what do I need to do? Sorry for such a long post. Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #168622 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Supersession
Joanne

You have been lucky to have an understanding advisor, failing to attend a WFI can result in your benefit being sanctioned, you need to be aware of your advisors patience on this matter and be aware that another advisor may require your attendance.

If you ask for a supersession then your claim will be reassessed by the DWP to see whether you meet the criteria for the Support Group. A supersession is normally the result of a change in the claimants conditions, have yours deteriorated since the Decision placing you in the WRAG were made?

If not then the DWP may decide not to reassess you.

Your other alternative is for you to appeal the WRAG Decision, you will need to request an MR and explain why the request is late, see the ESA Appeal guide for more information.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

In either case the matter will not be resolved for several months and possibly longer and you remain required to attend at your local JC+ until a new decision is made, if it is.,

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.