× Members

supporting evidence = expired?

More
7 years 7 months ago #168580 by Faith
supporting evidence = expired? was created by Faith
I'm in the process of reapplying for ESA. I have two letters from NHS health practitioners which would be excellent supporting evidence but they are from Sept 25th & Oct 8th of last year & my deadline for ESA is Oct 14th so, by then, the medical reports will be just over a year old. I've had my illnesses for 16 years & my health has not altered during this time so my old medical reports are still relevant but will the DWP treat them as invalid simply because they are old? Does supporting evidence "expire" even when a health condition has not changed? How recent does it need to be? Any info / advice greatly appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #168627 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic supporting evidence = expired?
Hi Aurla,

Ideally we would all have up to the minute evidence supporting our claims. However, the reality is that many of us have been 'parked' by the NHS as there is nothing more that can be offered.

Lacking recent letters, we all have to do the best we can.

If you have something confirming your diagnosis, this will certainly be helpful. In addition, something stating that you still have the same difficulties will also support your claim.

Do you think there might be anything helpful in your GP records? If you have time, you can look at these and ask for copies of anything that might be of use. There will probably be a charge for this.

Charging for medical records

Requesting your medical records

When push comes to shove, you can't submit something that you don't have!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 7 months ago #168664 by Faith
Replied by Faith on topic supporting evidence = expired?
Thanks lots for your reply :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.