× Members

PIP

More
7 years 7 months ago #168920 by derek
PIP was created by derek
Just received invitation to apply for PIP migrating from DLA
I Have until 12 th October to reply . Is there any benefit doing this immediately or waiting until the 10th or so?

Will my DLA continue to be paid until such a time that a decision is made?

Does the assessor have knowledge of your current rate of DLA beforehand?

Thanks for any advice

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #168944 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP
Derek

I wouldn't leave it to the 10th as you risk being caught by problems getting through to the claim line but the week before would be OK.

Providing you meet all of the claim requirements within the dates set by the DWP then your DLA will remain in payment until four weeks after a Decision on your PIP claim is made.

You can opt to include the information used for your previous DLA assessment in the file sent to the assessor, however, this assumes that the information is still available, it may not be and that it is relevant to the PIP Criteria which it may not.

We recommend that if there is information from your DLA claim that you think is relevant that you include it with your PIP2 claim form when you return it. For it to be of value you must link it to the limitations that you explain on the form.

Please have a read of our PIP Claim guide that explains the process in more detail.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 7 months ago #168954 by tiredteddy
Replied by tiredteddy on topic PIP
Hi Derek,

I am in the same boat only just ahead of you, The time frame I used is shown in my thread " My DLA to PIP transition." Made my claim on the Monday before the Wednesday deadline and the PIP2 form came with that same date as the return starting date. So I would suggest that you start thinking about how you will complete it now so you have given yourself time. I found the B&W PIP Guide very useful.

Regards,
Stewart.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.