× Members

Evidence for mandatory reconsideration

More
7 years 7 months ago #169043 by sellins
Hi, I have pages of evidence of errors in my Pip Award, but I know i should cut it down to the best evidence which relates to a snapshot view of "good cognition" which the HP made at the start of the assessment and contradicts by saying that memory, concentration, etc were hampered by the end of the 55 min assessment. I also have an insurance report where the doctor came to the same conclusion which the HP did not refer to.

My question_ should I simply send this piece of evidence for MR which covers most sections? Or send everything? Or nothing?

Also has anyone had any success using the following rule for PIP?

"If a claimant is unable to complete an activity or needs support to do so at a point in the day when you would reasonably expect them to complete it, the need should be treated as existing for the whole of the day, even if it does not exist at other points in the day"

It just seems to be overlooked in my claim.

I have cfs..

Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #169056 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Evidence for mandatory reconsideration
Hi Sellins,

I'm sorry that you have to go through a MR for your PIP :(

Don't forget that you will only gain an award of PIP by showing how/why you score points against the descriptors. Tempting though it is, don't get bogged down by contesting every error in the report, concentrate your time and energy on areas where it will help you score points.

It is always easier to contest fact 'the assessor says that I walk 30 meters to my bathroom but the distance is only 5m' rather than the assessor's opinion.

If you have new evidence send it in with the MR. If you have already submitted everything (and/or said everything you think you need to) then point out where this is to be found in your PIP2.

Don't just send in a report without linking it directly to the PIP descriptors. The Decision Maker has no medical training so you need to make everything as clear as possible for him/her!

May I suggest that you bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future? This will allow you to return with further questions or comments about your claim without having to start a new topic each time. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one topic - and I hope you will find it useful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.