× Members

Pip assessment unfair

More
7 years 5 months ago #172298 by ejayne72
Pip assessment unfair was created by ejayne72
Can you please advise. Following dla-pip f2f assessment, i have been downgraded from higher rate care to standard, even though i had sufficient medical evidence showing my mental health had worsened. The full report had many inconsistencies, my therapist was with me and she is proof that some parts of my report say the opposite of what i said. Although unfair, i am too scared to ask for a MR as can't risk the original award being stopped. However i would like to write to the DWP to tell them just how badly i feel and how my report was wrong in some parts. Can i do this without the original award being re-looked at? Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #172335 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Pip assessment unfair
Hi Em,

I'm sorry that you did not get the award you believe you deserve :(

The first thing to say is that PIP was deliberately made harder to get, in order to reduce the benefits bill. Therefore there are a lot of people who see their award reduced - or removed. There are others who should have scored more points than they did!

DWP do tend to treat any correspondence after the decision as a request for MR, so you need to bear this in mind if you do decide to write.

As an alternative, you could consider complaining to the assessment provider (ATO or Capita, depending on where you live), the assessor's regulatory body ( ie NMC for a nurse) and/or your MP.

Contacting your MP

You would have 1 month in which to submit an MR request, so you have a bit of time to think over what you want to do.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 5 months ago #172505 by ejayne72
Replied by ejayne72 on topic Pip assessment unfair
Thanks, but i haven't got any time. My award letter was dated 3 October but it didn't arrive till 2 weeks after. The letter says a MR has to be made within a month from the date of the letter, not its arrival date, so only 2 days left. If i send a letter after my month is up, will they even then take it as a MR request? Thanks

More
7 years 5 months ago #172520 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip assessment unfair

em wrote: Thanks, but i haven't got any time. My award letter was dated 3 October but it didn't arrive till 2 weeks after. The letter says a MR has to be made within a month from the date of the letter, not its arrival date, so only 2 days left. If i send a letter after my month is up, will they even then take it as a MR request? Thanks

You can make a late request, you will need to explain why it is late, but not receiving the letter in good time should be sufficient, but get the request in as soon as possible.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 5 months ago #172549 by ejayne72
Replied by ejayne72 on topic Pip assessment unfair
No, you got it wrong. I do not wish to make a MR request. I wanted to write to them just to tell them how bad they have made me, the fact that they got so much wrong - i just want to offload and make them aware just how bad these assessments can make us. But a previous post told me they would take this letter as a MR and i could risk losing my original award. So my question is if the date of the MR has passed, would i be safe to write such a letter?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rawlyj

More
7 years 5 months ago #172576 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip assessment unfair

em wrote: No, you got it wrong. I do not wish to make a MR request. I wanted to write to them just to tell them how bad they have made me, the fact that they got so much wrong - i just want to offload and make them aware just how bad these assessments can make us. But a previous post told me they would take this letter as a MR and i could risk losing my original award. So my question is if the date of the MR has passed, would i be safe to write such a letter?

The only thing I can suggest is that you make complaint to the DWP about the way your claim was handled.

Complaining to the DWP

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.