× Members

Pip renewal knocked back

More
7 years 5 months ago #172442 by Tracy
Pip renewal knocked back was created by Tracy
Hi got the dreaded brown letter after husbands renewal on the new form. He scored 6 for daily living and 4 for mobility. Previously was getting high care low mobility. I can't believe how they just ignore what we have told them. Unfortunately only medical info I provided was GP letter because after 10 years of depression/umbilical hernia/agoraphobia mild,/ sleep apnoea/gout etc he just gets repeat prescription.
He doesn't cook just makes sandwich scored him 0 can't manage simple or complex budgeting decisions they scored him 0 despite all this being on form and confirmed at interview.
He has mild agoraphobia and only goes out if I take him.
They scored him 0 on this.

Where are the step by step guides for appeal please?

Can I just send letter? Or do I need to fill in form we only have 3 weeks now

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #172461 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Pip renewal knocked back
Hi Tracy,

I'm sorry that your husband's PIP reassessment has seen his award removed :(

You have several options now -

1) You can ask for a Mandatory Reassessment of this decision, meaning that it would be looked at by another DWP Decision Maker. Claimants can no longer go to appeal without this.

2) You can reapply straight away.

Either way, it will be useful to have a copy of the assessor's report. DWP usually send these out quite promptly. However, if you wish to request an MR, you must make sure that it is submitted in time, even if the report has not yet arrived. You can tell DWP that you will send further information once the report has arrived, they should then allow you an extra 28 days in which to get things on paper.

In fact, you could actually ask for an MR and reapply. If you do this, you should be aware that the new decision would supersede any MR or appeal decision.

Whatever you decide to do, have a good look at our PIP guide. This explains the criteria under which claimants are assessed and also the MP process.

PIP help for claimants

May I suggest that you bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future? You probably remember that it helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one topic :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 5 months ago #172550 by Tracy
Replied by Tracy on topic Pip renewal knocked back
Thanks so much. Do I just send a letter going through each point for Mandatory reconsideration?

More
7 years 5 months ago #172577 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip renewal knocked back

Tracy wrote: Thanks so much. Do I just send a letter going through each point for Mandatory reconsideration?

I would go through your PIP2, the assessment report and the PIP Claim guide to make sure that you have shown that you meet the criteria to score points and the address any issues that the report raises.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tracy

More
7 years 5 months ago #172587 by Tracy
Replied by Tracy on topic Pip renewal knocked back
Thanks Gordon I have done a 4 page letter following your guides saying what I agreed with and what I didn't agree with. This was a renewal on the new form and I feel like they have completely ignored all of the "no changes".

I don't think they checked original form at all. I think lack of medical evidence hasn't helped either. All we had was a detailed letter off his gp dating back to January.

More
7 years 5 months ago #172607 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip renewal knocked back

Tracy wrote: Thanks Gordon I have done a 4 page letter following your guides saying what I agreed with and what I didn't agree with. This was a renewal on the new form and I feel like they have completely ignored all of the "no changes".

I don't think they checked original form at all. I think lack of medical evidence hasn't helped either. All we had was a detailed letter off his gp dating back to January.

The whole principle of the new short form is that your previous claim form and evidence is used as part of the new Decision process :(

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.