× Members

Home visit declined using info from last PIP form

More
7 years 5 months ago #172580 by Mick Egan
Hello,

My gp has agreed that a home visit would be better for me and is providing a letter
Provider has sent 3 letters today
1 its being reveiwed
2home visit declined
3new appt

on ringing it appears they have spoken to a nurse who i have seen once and that was at home,they also say that as mixin withpeople on my reply form states 'erratic behaviour due to meds' they would not visit anyway
i said i didnt have that on my form -he the said oh they have used the form you sent in 2 years ago? i said i thought object of exerrcise was to get and use info at present
Can they or should they be doing or using info from 2 years ago that doesnt apply now
we havent even picked up the gps letter as he has jut rang to say its ready,let alone submitted it
Thanks Kettle

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #172604 by Gordon
Kettle

It's surprising, most claimants cannot get the assessor to look at old reports and here they are apparently seeking them out themselves!

Get you letter sent in and contact your MP about the situation.

Contacting your MP

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 5 months ago #172611 by Mick Egan
Spoke to nurse in question,stated she referred them to gp re mobility and no such thing

They have rang back and stated no home visit due to the fact that recent returned form states due to pain and discomfort is irritable and abrupt ' and frustrating short term memory loss leaves him 'subsequently depressed and very short tempered' as this was assisted/written by partner and daughter also it obviously doesnt state- with them -as they have written it down for me
say they cannot risk a home visit due to this and offered another appointment in 3 weeks or cannot do anything else as decision has been made

with regard to the nurse misqoted aspect i may make a complaint if wish

Are these folk just allowed to make the rules as they g along?
Do i run the risk of inflaming situation if involve mp
Cheers
Kettle

More
7 years 5 months ago #172616 by Gordon

Kettle wrote: Spoke to nurse in question,stated she referred them to gp re mobility and no such thing

They have rang back and stated no home visit due to the fact that recent returned form states due to pain and discomfort is irritable and abrupt ' and frustrating short term memory loss leaves him 'subsequently depressed and very short tempered' as this was assisted/written by partner and daughter also it obviously doesnt state- with them -as they have written it down for me
say they cannot risk a home visit due to this and offered another appointment in 3 weeks or cannot do anything else as decision has been made

with regard to the nurse misqoted aspect i may make a complaint if wish

Are these folk just allowed to make the rules as they g along?
Do i run the risk of inflaming situation if involve mp
Cheers
Kettle

If you want a home assessment then involving your MP appears to be the only way forward, the people you are talking to are not the ones that will assess your husband so don't worry about "annoying" them.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 5 months ago #172622 by Mick Egan
As usual it would appear they win again as MP isnt very proactive so to speak,as this is the case it was futile getting GP involved and if too ill on day of appointment it will be extremely difficult to attend,will have to judge on the day i suppose,they suggested partner ring back when returns from work with gps letter and discuss new appointment,obviously my shortcomings/problems were evident to provider call centre adviser to suggest this
Thanks
Kettle

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.