× Members

DWP PIP Review Process

More
7 years 5 months ago #172594 by Augustus
DWP PIP Review Process was created by Augustus
I was sent a pip review form in August having been on it for 2 years. When I was first assessed in 2014, I comfortably received higher rate care with over 20 points. Mobility was assessed initially at 8 points.

I appealed on the infamous 11d descriptor and the tribunal found my written statement done with...wait for it.....your great guides, to be more compelling than the DWP's evidence. So compelling in fact, that my absence, but a DWP officer's presence, did not go against me.

Now, I very naively thought that because it was a review this time, where on some descriptors, my situation is worse, and so demonstrated by a GP letter and over 30 pages of supporting evidence, the review would be simply waived through.

I have found out that they have sent the file to ATOS which almost certainly means another face to face.

Can I ask whether review people should take the process as if they are starting from scratch.? Or put it another way, do you know of circumstances where PIP reviews have confirmed the award without reference to ATOS? I am also wondering whether they sent the file to ATOS purely because of the mobility issue in my case.

Finally, can I ask what the paper trail is, from DWP to ATOS?Because it is a review, is there a chance DWP will only have sent ATOS the review form and backup, where some answers are "no change", and not the original more detailed PIP2 form?

I think if they don't do this, this is dangerous for the claimant because they would go to an interview assuming the HCP has the info from before, when in fact they don't, and everything is done from cold, with the claimant less prepared than they should be.

I'm concerned about this latter point. Should I approach the new interview as if it were my first, and look back carefullly at my first form?

Thank you and sorry for this long post.

A

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #172609 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DWP PIP Review Process
Augustus

All assessments, first and review/reassessment will have the file sent to the Assessment Provider, an assessment report has to be produced for a new Decision on the claim to be made. This does not mean that a face to face will be required.

Is there any particular reason you refer to it as a review rather than a reassessment? What form did you receive? As your current award is the result of a Tribunal I would expect you to have received a full PIP2, but have you received the new AR1?

If it is a PIP2 then you need to have completed this in detail as if it is a new claim and supplied evidence as you can even if it has been sent before.

If it was an AR1 then the they should be referring back to your previous PIP2 and evidence especially if you have ticked "no change" on the form.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 5 months ago #172634 by Augustus
Replied by Augustus on topic DWP PIP Review Process
Gordon
I was sent the abbreviated "new" form which I thought was for existing claimants only. I also thought that the DWP reviews this first and they don't always send the file over to ATOS, which is what has happened to me.
Because it has gone to ATOS after DWP first review, I am assuming a F2F will happen. My final original point was that no one could be 100% sure that in this situation, the orginial fuller PIP2 firm will be sent over to ATOS.
Hence my worry about the HCP being "cold" about no change responses.

Can you clarify whether I am being too concerned here? If things were straightforward, the DWP would not have sent a review case over to ATOS??

Thanks

A

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #172649 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic DWP PIP Review Process
Hi Augustus,

I want to draw your attention to Gordon's comment in his previous post

Augustus

All assessments, first and review/reassessment will have the file sent to the Assessment Provider, an assessment report has to be produced for a new Decision on the claim to be made. This does not mean that a face to face will be required.

There is no conclusion to be drawn from the fact that your form has been sent to the assessment provider.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 5 months ago #172656 by Augustus
Replied by Augustus on topic DWP PIP Review Process
Thank you. I understand this point now.
But, given that it has gone over, I want to be prepared, and am concerned that as an existing claimant under review, who has given "no change" responses several times on a shortened form, i might be caught out in a f2f (assuming this happens). I mean caught out by assuming HCP knows all the background from original claim. Supposing the original PIP2 hasn't been sent over and I end up in a f2f situation. Is that theoretically possible? I suppose it all boils down to a review claimant being prepared as if a first timer?
Do you agree?
Thanks A.

More
7 years 5 months ago #172662 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DWP PIP Review Process
Augustus

We have very limited experience of the new form, as do all of the other forums, so far we can count on one hand the members that have completed the process.

The new form does not go into detail about the issues that a claimant might have completing the PIP activities, so it's our assumption (unproven in either direction) that a PIP2 would be issued if there are issues in making the same or higher award than is currently in place.

Even if one is not issued there is nothing to stop the claimant providing a detailed response in a similar style to the PIP2.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.