× Members

Not All Bad News

More
7 years 5 months ago #172726 by Annie
Not All Bad News was created by Annie
Sat with my friend four weeks ago whilst going through her DLA to PIP assessment. She suffers with COPD and osteoporosis. She was assessed by a nurse, very friendly and had some understanding of my friends problems. Had result in today, enhanced for both mob and care and indefinite. She is so relieved, just picked up her new car on Saturday and was so worried it may have to go back. Just glad to be able to report good news and that there are good assessors out there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon, Chris77

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #172749 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Not All Bad News
That's great news Annie! Thanks for letting us know :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 5 months ago #172783 by Chris77
Replied by Chris77 on topic Not All Bad News
Hello Annie

SO PLEASED for you thats FANTASTIC NEWS !

I think there are good assessors out there, but THEY DO NOT LAST LONG, a month or two at the most. A friend in the NHS says she knows several people who went to work for the assessors and when they do the assessments properly they get called into the office
and asked why they are putting so many people through. Replied well they qualify for the benefit. Oh no thats not your job, you have to take points off so people do not get the benefit. The one we knew was doing the assessments properly like your assessor has done with you and like they all should. She lasted a month and was always in the office getting reprimanded and could not stand it.

My assessor was friendly and understanding so i thought there would be no problem.
Just making others wary even if the assessor is nice to your face, don't assume this will go through to report.

Annie its a pity most of the assessments do not go like yours, it sounds to me like you have been treated exactly as you should have been and how everyone should be treated.
It also shows the system can work when applied properly.

Your mail has brightened my morning, thats someone else that will not have to worry.

You can Sing rom The Roof Tops

Great news, so nice to hear God news

More
7 years 5 months ago #172831 by Annie
Replied by Annie on topic Not All Bad News
Thank you for your response Cipolar but it was my friend who passed with flying colours. I sat with her through the assessment. Unfortunately I still have the process to go through. My friends main problem is her breathing, mine is more musculoskeletal, severe scoliosis, kyphosis, Marfan Syndrome, heart and arterial problems so my outcome could be completely different!!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.