× Members

Differentiating between CFS and Effects of Meds

More
7 years 5 months ago #172775 by JaneyB
I read something really interesting about 'Reasonable adjustment' and I wish I had requested that my husband's PIP assessment had been recorded. Instead we have been told to submit more medical informtion and we are collecting that at present.
Trying to Homeschool my son who has Autism and fill in two PIPs and my husband's ESA has proved challenging and I didn't pick up this information before the at home face to face took place. I wish I had put more about the way CFS affects his ability to answer questions and he just froze at the intereview. It was clear he could not even process what was being asked of him.

I am trying to locate the paperwork from years and years back from the DWP which sites me as my husband's appointee but I can only find my son's. Now that I am filling in my husband's ESA I wonder if it may be a good idea to include a letter signed by my husband stating that I am to act as his Appointee. That was we won't have to have the stupid conversation with the Assessor (who had no record of me as Appointee) again if we have an ESA face to face next.

Any advice would be so appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #172795 by Gordon
JaneyB

You don't need to be his appointee to complete the ESA50, it's perfectly acceptable for you to complete the form either using your husband's words or your own, just explain on the form what you have done and why.

Your husband can certainly write a letter saying that you are his appointee, but I am not sure that this will have any legal weight, you really need the DWP's confirmation.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: JaneyB

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.